2.

My mind is confused about what it wants. I want you. I don't want you. I need you. I think I need you. I don't need you at all but I want you. You're my only source of happiness yet you're my only downfall. You hurt me. I hurt you. You used me. I used you. But I guess that's what makes us compatible. We both turned ourselves in without realization.

----------------

I laid on my bed as my legs folded at the knees creating a right angle towards the ceiling. I was busy with chemistry homework. Currently going over the possible answers for the question before deciding on the most appropriate. I've always loved chemistry. I don't know whether it was because my teacher was awesome at demonstrating the task or how complex the work actually was, but nonetheless it was extremely interesting.

I had to remember all of the elements in the periodic table and honestly I enjoyed going over them. I made a song about it so it was easier to rememeber, pretty catchy if I do say so myself.

I was nodding my head to the music flowing through my headphones when it was suddenly interrupted by an incoming call. I already knew who it was, she's the only person  who ever calls me.

"Rachel" I call through the phone while a smile formed on my face.

"Bunny guess whattt" she sang out the last part which made me laugh.

"What?" I asked eagerly.

"No no you have to guess" she chuckled on the other end. I sighed, she always loved to play the guessing game.

"Uh Chris got you flowers?" Saying the only thing that comes to mind. She never stopped talking about him so I figured it was appropriate that he was in indeed involved.

"Noooo but good guess"

"Rach just tell me pleaseee" I turned to my back facing the ceiling as I kicked my feet in the air. This is what I loved about our friendship we would always act extra childish around each other. I never had to worry about my actions around her. I was always myself.

"OK, OK fine. There's a party tonight and I think we should go" as soon as those words fell out of her mouth I quickly sat up on my bed with a frown evident on my face.

"Rach you know how I feel about parties" I whisper to her for no particular reason.

"Why are you whispering" she whispered back. I rolled my eyes but still had a smile on my face.

"I'm not going to a party Rachel" I pointed out and I heard her grunt over the phone.

"Oh come on Cassie, it's time that you let go, be free, chill out for a change." Her voice sounds conving and I think about it for a second. But then I think about the people, the drinking, drugs, socializing, and I immediately shake my head even thought she was not aware of it.

"Nope no no, not going. Beside you were suppose to come over tonight. You're not going to ditch me are you?" I frown, getting up from my bed and heading over to my room door suddenly feeling rather parched.