Injector

Your POV

You ended up talking for the rest of the day, going to fun-land, big donut (where you finally let him buy you a meal), the fry place (you had paid), and Fish Stew Pizza (you had pitched in). It was the biggest meal in your whole life. Steven had groaned, "There goes my diet." and you laughed, saying in a fond tone, "You do you." It had made his heart melt.

You met Peridot, Lapis, Pearl, Garnet, Amythyst, Connie, and when you and Steven walked over to Bismuth's new forge, she enveloped you in a bone crushing hug. "Hello! I have finished all of the plastic jewels you wanted! We might have to heat them up if you want to add details."

It took you an hour to explain to Steven. "Yes, I'm the one giving out the jewelry so people can find their soulmates." you grumble while making a pendant for a sea-glass and a white quartz. You were starting to get tired, so you let Steven help you decorate once you taught him how.

You both burnt your fingers a fair amount with one glove each, but with Steven's constant kissing, it wasn't a problem really. "So?" he asked, starting up a conversation, "What is your gem? I know you have a weapon." you move the cloth and expose your shoulder after you throw the pendant in the water bucket next to you.

Steven finishes his hair pin he made for the other half, following the same actions as you. He goes up and touches the gem. His hands were warm and soft, unlike the cold one's people had always patted you on the back with even though they didn't mean it.

"Looks like a pink diamond, but that's what I am." he says, and at that moment, you have a flashback of memories that didn't belong to you. When you regained focus, you told him what happened. "I'm that shard your mother made to fake her shattering. I am a diamond, just a shard. No more, no less." he stares at you as you continue to explain the pink shard embedded in your shoulder blade.

"So-?" you look at him confused and he chuckled, "Technically made you." you shrug, "Not really, if I remember correctly, I was a human when I picked up the shard." he made an 'oh' face, and you both entered laughing fits.

After that, you went to the beach, needing the change of scenery.

Then, when it was starting to fade into dusk, he did something unexpected. He went to go kiss you on the cheek, but you turned to look at him at the same time, so it ended up on the lips. You both jumped back slightly, apologizing profusely. Even though you had already shared a kiss, it was still slightly awkward.

After that, you both shrugged it off and continued to talk for an hour or two more until dark.
Then, you left on Lion, having bought a lion licker at the big donut for him earlier, and you had to explain why.

Rest assured; you got some good sleep without you coughing out flowers.

Days turned into weeks. Weeks turned into a month. Then, when little homeschool was starting to be built, you, Steven, Amythyst, Garnet, and Pearl decided to relax on the hill near the temple, Steven picking flowers for each person, putting yours behind your ear as your face burned pink.

Then Spinel came.
She hit everyone with the rejuvenator. 
You shriek.

You were covered head to toe in soulmate strings; they were suffocating you. "H-hplf-" you screech, tugging at your throat. "Air--pfj!" and he lunged at you, rising you over his head, letting the strings uncurl themselves from your body.

"Thanks." you say once he sets you down.

Then, you were off to the house, grabbing five gems along the way, making sure that once you got there to wrap each one (including Spinel) in a cushion. Even if they were in gem form, you could see how their strings were black again instead of their natural red/pink color.

"I think she reset them, Steven." you say, turning to him. He didn't reply. You could see him softly smacking himself, beating himself up for something he didn't do. He had done this before, and you knew exactly how to stop it. You catch his hands on his next blow to himself.

You help him stand up off the couch, and you kiss him, snapping him out of whatever thought he was having. He gave you a grateful smile, and you returned it thankful that he didn't bruise his face from the self-inflicted punches.

"Repeat?" he briefs, and you do. When he receives the news, he frowns slightly, asking how you knew. "Their soulmate strings are their original black; not their usual pink/red color. They forgot, meaning they were reset by the weapon."

He says, "What if we call the diamonds-" but you object almost immediately, stating the obvious, "You were just reset. They only care about you for pink. What do you think they'll do?" he paused, then flinched. You embraced him, and he dug his face into your shoulder. "That was a stupid suggestion." he groans, muffled by the fabric of the jacket you were wearing.

You looked at his hands; his string was black. You forced down tears, and he noticed. He wiped a few stray ones, asking the signature, "What's wrong love?" you force a smile, but he knows, so you drop it.

"Our String reset." you cry, and this time, he was the one comforting you, rubbing circles on your back. "Don't worry." he smiles as you wipe your tears, "It will come back eventually. Maybe after this is all over, we can go on a date?"

The string returns and you take his hand speaking, "Glad that the string noticed; seems like our relationship is back to normal. Now, let's work on theirs's." the glow of a gem shining in the corner of your eye.

"OOOOoooOOooH boyy-" Steven sighs, Pearl was being reactivated.