Healing

Your POV

You introduced yourself to Pearl, and she immediately became attached.
Ruby, Saphire, Amythyst, and Spinel appeared only moments later, and Steven decided to call Greg for better assistance - mostly gem sitting.

After that, you two left him behind to check up with Peridot, Lapis, and Bismuth. Bismuth had indeed confirmed your theory, and asked why your power was of better quality. You exclaimed that it was going haywire, with no proper control, everyone's strings were set back to how they were, although nobody seemed to notice (thankfully!).

Spinel supported a theory you had, and you were off to make everybody how they once were. "You always sang with them." you say to Steven, "Maybe each saving will have to do with a song?" he nods, already liking the idea. Singing wasn't only something for fun, but for reassurance and comfort.

He sang his little song with the remaining crystal gems as you tried to figure out what you were supposed to do. He had begged you during the song several times to come and join them, but you never really sang in front of people, Steven was the only exception. 

When they finished, you could tell that Steven felt slightly better about the current situation. He clung to you as you told him about the concert coming up and you both decided it was for the best to use that to revive Pearl. It was best to start with Garnet, maybe she would give some advice?

And so, they attempted to get the Ruby and Saphire together. They always seemed to cling onto you, even if you couldn't remember you. Steven would send them harsh glares; you could tell he was jealous. 

Eventually, with Spinel's dangerously clueless nature, they managed to get the two together, and after that, 'Garnet' clung to you once more. She wasn't complete, and you didn't know why. Then, you asked the fusion to cling to Greg until you, Spinel, Amythyst, and Steven came back.

You saw Spinel wrap her arms around him, and you had to hold back punches. "So, this is what Steven feels like?" you grumble, following the trio. Steven and the group continued to bring Amythyst to all of her favorite places, including the hill of which she fell off of, triggering her return.

"Amythyst!" you cried, clinging to her once she hit the floor. She saw your eyes. "We'll talk about it later." she advised, and you made it back to the group, which was still caring for the fusion and Pearl. You almost burst out laughing when Peridot claimed that she couldn't look at an uncharacteristic Amythyst.

You could see her string right away. Although you never paired her with someone, because it wasn't the right number of years, she hadn't gotten her link yet. She was paired to Lapis, but she doesn't need to know that yet. You didn't want to spoil her because her ego would get too big.

The concert was coming up, so you dragged the gems there, along with Greg. The problem was, this wasn't their concert, it was Sadie's. Thankfully, being long-time friends with her, she naturally allowed you to onstage for a closing song after the concert with her group.

After a painful number of songs, it was finally Steven and your turn. You had a plan: You playing acoustic, Steven playing electric (guitars). You fuse and sing your song, 'independent together' the song that you had been brainstorming along with Steven for the past twenty minutes.

The fusion was able to see Pearl and Amythyst's string go back to its original color as they fused into one. They smiled when the song ended, Steven nearly passing out in your arms as you unfused.

You waited a moment for him to catch his breath before running up to help Spinel with Pearl's information. You portaled to the garden, Steven tagging along. You ran up to Spinel, capturing her in a hug. She did nothing to shrug you off, looking at you with weak, weary, and thankful eyes.

You said nothing, continuing to comfort her with the stare of Steven at your back. You let go walked to him, and went in his pockets, pulling out the rejuvenator. Spinel flinched. You did something unexpected: You handed it to her. 

She looked at you in confusion. "Another reason to trust us. Go ahead, break it." you said, and she did so, snapping it half with the strength of her enlarged hands. She tossed the remains at a flower. You ran up to the flowers, stomping on them.

"WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD PINK PUT FORGET-ME-NOTS IN HER GARDEN!?" You yelled in anger, destroying the plants with your shoe. Steven came over to heal them, but you sent him a deadly look.

"I noticed that." Spinel sighed. You ran and hugged her, whispering, "I'm so sorry..." she laughed, "Too late to turn back now." Steven said, "But we can look to the future." you both looked up at him. He held out his hands, and you each took one.

Then, the three warped back to the temple.