Chapter 71

It's finally Friday and it's time for my meeting with Louis at his agency to take my measurements and take some nice pictures.

I leave our apartment early because I don't want to be late. Charles vaguely says good luck to me, but I can tell he's still not thrilled with the idea. On the way I stop for a coffee before starting this day.

***

Arriving there I am directed to make-up and hairdressing. They make me a fairly simple makeup, then I head to the shooting location. For the outfit, it's mine. I had received information that I had to come with a black bodysuit and the most basic straight jeans. A woman takes pictures of me, she gives me poses that I do and then lets me do whatever I want. When we finish she tells me that I am very good in front of a camera and that I'll surely have a great future in modeling.

I then go to the room where Louis and two other people are. I'm going to have to parade in front of them, then get measured. I gather my courage and do my best walk in front of them, at least the best I can do with 12 cm heels. It's not going too badly, at least in my opinion.

The three "judges" tell me to come now for the measurements. They do absolutely everything, from waist circumference to chest circumference, ass circumference, leg length, in short, almost everything.

They then tell me to go and wait in a room outside before they give me their verdict: do I meet the standards of this profession.

After 15 minutes of waiting, Louis comes out and sits down next to me.

Louis: So how was this day?
Emma: Fine. At least I hope so, I wait to see the return that you make me.
Louis: So everything went very well for the photos and for the parade march. However, there is a small problem. Your waistline is a little too large. Ideally, you should lose about 5 kg. But we have a nutritionist who is there to make you a program so that you lose that weight as quickly as possible. You just have to follow the program to the letter. Do you feel ready for this?

The information in my head fuses. I need to lose 5kg. But I'm taken if I manage to lose this weight. But I'm going to have to check everything I eat and I see with Charles' program that it can be very restrictive. But it's to be a model. And it's only 5kg...

Emma: I accept your proposal.
Louis: Very well then our nutritionist will send you a program during the day, and we can start taking you for photo shoots within 2 weeks. As for the "catwalks" I don't think you do a lot because you are smaller than the "normal" size. But some brands now want more diverse models, so if we ever get you!
Emma: Ok that's perfect for me.
Louis: Alright then come sign the contract.

We will sign the contract and celebrate it before I return to the apartment. Charles is not here yet, he had training. So I take out my computer and sit in his office to work on my lessons a bit while waiting for him to come home.

I was about to start working when I get a message from him.

Charles ❤️: Hello sweetheart, how was today?
Me: Great! I signed a contract! I'll explain everything to you tonight I love you ❤️
Charles ❤️: I'm super proud of you I love you see you tonight ❤️

***

It's 7:30 p.m. Charles should be home a while ago. I take off my headphones and walk out of the office to see if he's showering or something. When I arrive in the living room, I find him lighting candles on the living room table, with sushi on the side, a bottle of wine and a movie waiting for us.

Emma: Sweetheart, are you the one who prepared all this?
Charles: Yes so that we can celebrate your new contract as a model!
Emma: Thank you, that touches me so much.

I run to him and hug them. He kisses me before resting and placing a kiss on my forehead.

I'm not supposed to eat sushi according to my food plan that the nutritionist made, but I prefer not to tell Charles about this. He doesn't need to know that I need to lose weight. It's like me I'm not always aware of all his diet, his sports programs etc.

We launch the film and begin to taste these delicious sushi. Charles has chosen a very special film: Buzz Lightyear.
We watch it in Italian because Charles did a dub for this film. The scene isn't very long, but it's so funny to hear my man's voice in a cartoon. When the film is over he goes back to show me this scene again but this time in Spanish so that I can also hear Carlos who has dubbed in his mother tongue.

After this evening, we sit on the balcony with our glasses of wine. It's hot in Monaco, and being on the balcony with a view of the sea is just magical.

We stay there, talking about everything and nothing, and laughing out loud for a good part of the night. Just before we went to bed to sleep, Charles told me to come and sit on his lap. Once I'm on top of him he runs his hand through my hair looking at me like I'm there 8th wonder of the world.

Charles: Emma you are so beautiful.
Emma: You're not too bad either, I say, laughing.
Charles: I don't know what my life would be like without you. You have become my pillar. I love you more than anything.
Emma: I also love you more than all my heart. And you changed my life. Remember when we met, almost a year ago. I didn't have that much self-confidence. You changed me and gave me my dream life. I can never thank you enough for all you have done for me. I love you.

He kisses me passionately, before we go back to sleep.

*****