Chapter 6

• 6 •
_________________________________

Kiara watched as Paisley disappeared up the stairs, waiting until she heard the door close before turning to Topper " It's done okay- we can't... we can't do this to her "

" What? It hasn't even been a day! Are you really giving up that easily I- "

" Something happened Topper... I'm not going to stand here and watch Rafe hurt her I mean you know them! You know how they both are! Paisley is kind- she would walk through fire for anyone she cares about and she would forgive anyone who's ever hurt her... Rafe is the kind of person that takes advantage of that- he hurts people because he's too afraid to let anyone get close and I won't watch her love someone who will NEVER grow up enough to be what she needs "

" So what are you saying kie? You're just out? "

" Yeah I'm out- and if you and Sarah care about Paisley as much as you say you do you'll be out too because he is going to destroy her... he'll destroy her and it'll be your fault "

Topper scoffed " What about Rafe huh? What if Paisley is the one that can change everything for him- you've seen how she'll go to war with just about anyone who has anything to say about him! You want us to just ignore all of that? "

Kiara nodded her head violently " It's her over him for me any day Topper- can you honestly look me in the eyes and tell me he won't hurt her... that even if they work out he won't do something that will absolutely shatter her... Paisley is one of the strongest people I know and she's not weak by any means but if she falls as fast and as hard as I think she will and she lets him in and he goes and fucking ruins it I don't think she'll be able to bounce back... I think we all lose her if you go through with this "

While Topper and Kiara continued to argue downstairs Paisley was unaware as she stripped herself of her clothes once again and got into the shower.

She didn't want to parade around the island in the clothes he had helped her with nor did she want to walk around knowing that every inch of her skin had been burned by his touch.

So she violently scrubbed it all away until her skin was rubbed raw- the sounds of her muffled cries echoing throughout her bathroom.

She was so stupid

It was one thing for the two of them to sleep together but it was another thing for him to already be going out with someone else- she knew how his dates ended.

Him and the boys would boast about how every night ended with him in some random kooks bed- every once in a while he'd bring a pogue home but that didn't matter.

What matters is what Paisley knew- Rafe Cameron would end his night in Kacey Keller's bed and their night together would be blended into every other night he'd spent with a girl.

She was nothing and he was everything.

Paisley sighed, knowing her eyes would be all red and puffy when she came out of the shower so to avoid anymore questions she let out a loud " OW " hoping someone would come running and her excuse would hold up.

A knock at her bathroom door pulled her from her thoughts " Yeah? " she asked, cursing herself for how broken she sounded

" You okay? " Topper's voice sounded from outside the bathroom

" Yeah yeah I'm fine just got shampoo in my eyes- be out soon " she called back

She didn't like lying to her friends but she wasn't ready to let everyone know how she had been humiliated and used.