Chapter 7

• 7 •
_________________________________

            When Paisley reached her car she had barely waited for Kiara to hop in before angrily speeding off- she couldn't believe him!

" Hey Pais- you should really slow down " Kiara said, a slight tremor in her voice that forced Paisley to slow the car down before making a full stop

She sighed, resting her head on the steering wheel " I'm sorry- I didn't mean to scare you "

Kiara frowned, leaning over to pull Paisley into her arms " it's okay- why don't you let me drive okay? " She told her friend as she softly stroked her hair

" Okay " she mumbled

The two girls sat there for what felt like hours, Kiara mumbling words of reassurance into Paisley's ear as she held her in an attempt to make her feel better.

Eventually the two girls got out of the car- Kiara going to the drivers seat while Paisley opted for the back so she could lay down, exhaustion and sadness taking her over.

She let Kiara put on whatever music she wanted as they drove back to the Cameron household- she felt slightly bad that she had dragged Kiara down with her, wishing her friend had just stayed and enjoyed the rest of her day instead of putting up with her wallowing.

She tried her hardest not to cry... she really did but being added to a list of " Some girl I fucked " wasn't exactly the best mood booster nor was the fact that Rafe had so carelessly disregard her feelings about the situation

Once they arrived at the Cameron household they both got out of the car " Thanks for coming with me and for driving "

Kiara gave a small smile " Always " She mumbled as she took Paisley's hand in her own and giving it a reassuring squeeze

Paisley smiled at the guesture " You should probably go back... I know how much you love our special beach days "

" I think I will... Unless you want me to stay? "

Paisley shook her head " No you've wasted enough of your day dealing with me and all my bullshit- go back and have fun "

" It's never a waste when it's you Pais- you're one of my best friends "

" You're one of my best friends too Kie- which is why I want you to go back and have a good day with our friends... I'll be okay "

Kiara just nodded before making her way to her car and getting in.

As Paisley watched Kiara drive away she couldn't help but further deflate- she had fought with Rafe many times over the years but none of them had felt like this.

None felt so final

There was a small voice in the back of her head nagging her- why do you care so much? Had Kiara been right in what she voiced over the past few days?

Have you always maybe had different feelings other than hatred for him?

She shook her head of her thoughts- she couldn't afford to be thinking of that. Not now... not when Rafe had proved how little he cared for her.

So with that she got back in her car and sped away.

When she arrived home she immediately headed up to her bedroom, ripping the sheets off her bed and throwing everything that Rafe had so much as breathed near in a pile on her floor.

She couldn't erase what had happened but she was going to try her hardest to do so.

She quickly changed into something more appropriate and got to work, scrubbing every visible surface.