Chapter 2

• 2 •
_________________________________

The next morning Paisley couldn't help but groan- cursing herself for not making sure her curtains were shut before going to sleep.

The sunlight that poured into her room made her shield her eyes and turn over- desperate for more sleep.

6:52 am her clock read.

Memories of the night before flashed through her mind, causing her to cringe at how terribly it had truly gone and knowing that at some point she'd have to confront her best friend and offer an apology to Rafe.

" I'm not doing this shit today " she grumbled to herself

She hated Rafe but one thing she hated more than him was fighting with him.

He always knew exactly what to say when it came to hurting her.

She let out a string of curse words before burying her face further into her pillow and going back to sleep.

10:23 am was the time Paisley read the next time she woke up.

Despite having slept for almost four more hours she couldn't shake the exhaustion that was burrowing itself deep within her bones.

She slowly dragged herself out of bed and into her bathroom , stopping to glance at herself in the mirror.

The makeup from last night smeared across her face in broken up lines, hair knotted and disheveled and the tank top she had managed to put on in her fit of anger was one wrong move away from exposing her entire chest.

Pathetic

She huffed, trailing over to her shower and turning the dial to the right temperature before stripping down and stepping in- allowing the initial cold to shock her awake.

She scrubbed away the scent of booze and weed, wishing nothing more than to scrub away the memories of last night.

Her relationships with everyone felt so complicated lately- She felt so stuck in the middle when it came to all of her friends.

Kooks VS Pogues

Topper VS John B

Sarah VS Rafe

Her VS Rafe

Her sanity VS their happiness

It always felt like this ongoing battle that she couldn't keep up with- there was always something going on with someone.

Things definitely weren't made to be easy when people began to turn on her for simply trying to help- maybe that was her problem.

Trying to help

Maybe she would just leave things as they were and let everything fall apart if everyone can't be civil and work shit out without violence or hatred.

It wasn't like she didn't have problems of her own- none she could solve so easily but still. They were problems.

It was funny in a way- a teenager with complete and total freedom complaining about her situation.

No parents, an empty house and access to pretty much anything she could ever want- she was living everyone's dream but for her it was the opposite.