1: Flights & First Impressions

Spring break couldn't come fast enough. Ella and I were finally making our way to the international airport after an early 6 am wake-up call this morning.

Bags were present under my eyes, thanks to my blaring alarm...but anything for Seoul. Ella didn't mind since she always had to get up early for her teaching job.

We were both scurrying around this morning; showering, packing last-minute items, all while making sure we looked semi-decent for public eyes. We made sure to turn off all of our apartment lights and lock the door before rolling our two hefty suitcases each down the hall to the elevator.

"Can we please get Starbucks once we get through security?" Ella begs with her eyes half-open.

"Girl, it's like you legit read my mind. I'm gonna pass out if I don't get some sort of caffeine," I reply, rolling my eyes.

"Thank, God."

I pressed the elevator button to go down to the lobby. It didn't take long for it to ding, the doors opening slowly. We both got in with our four suitcases, making it a tight fit. Ella pressed the "L" button and the doors closed.

We arrived at the lobby and waited outside for our Uber to come pick us up. Thankfully, I ordered it ahead while I was upstairs in our apartment because I knew it was going to be busy on a Saturday.

Before we knew it, our Uber pulled up in the front cobblestone loop of our luxury apartment complex. Ella and I greeted the driver while he got out and helped put our luggage in the back of his trunk.

We both got in the back seats, with the driver following in the driver's seat.

"The international airport, correct?" the driver questions brightly.

"Correct. Yes, please," I reply with a smile.

"Perfect, let's go."

And, we were off. He pressed on the gas and onto the connecting road. I looked back and did a sarcastic wave to our apartment complex.

"Bye apartment, see ya in two weeks," I sigh, letting out a little giggle.

"Yeah, yeah," Ella buds in, sending me a playful eye roll.

"Girl, what?" I snap while looking over to her.

"Nothing, you're just funny," she replies with a slight grin.

I just chuckled, shook my head, and continued to look out the window at the scenery until we got to the airport.

I wore something super comfortable since I knew it would be around a fourteen-hour flight. Wearing a cream-colored pullover and sweatpants set, I accessorized my outfit with a matching baseball cap and white sneakers.

I skipped out on the jewelry and just put my hair into a low bun. My makeup was minimal, totally fitting my relaxed travel look.

After about a fifteen-minute drive to the airport, our Uber finally pulled up to the gate for Korean Air. Me and Ella departed the Uber and did a big morning stretch on the sidewalk. The driver got out and popped his trunk, retrieving all four of our suitcases and setting them concrete next to us.