Chapter 2

Ugh. Why is my life so terrible? I mean, sure I am rich and I have a couple of good friends, but that's  pretty much it. My mom is always either at work or with some guy.  My dad left us when I was only seven-years-old. Now he is this huge jerk who thinks everything revolves around him.  Everybody else has a perfect life. Even Travious and he isn't even more popular than me. " Miss Mathews. Your Mother wants you." said one of the maids, Jennifer I think, interrupting my thoughts. Mom? Home? That's surprising. She's usually never home. Whatever.

" Ok" I replied getting off of my bed sighing, trying to act casual.  I walked down the long hall to my mothers bedroom. " Hey mom what do you want????" I said flatly, even though I was secretly glad that she was here. " That is not the way you speak to your mother. Anyway, I wanted to tell you that I am getting married." she replied saying the last part quietly.  " What? Married?! When did this happen?" I asked  feeling betrayed. " Yes I am getting married. He asked me two weeks ago" she replied smiling to herself.. 

" Two weeks ago? Why are you just know telling me this?" I asked tearing up. I can't believe she didn't tell me. "I am sorry. I wasn't ready and when I was ready I tried to tell you, but you wouldn't listen to me" she said crying. I instantly felt bad. She has been nagging me for the past couple of weeks, and I have been kind of mean to her. I walked over and gave her a bear hug. She pulls me onto her lap and I lay my head on her shoulder. I slowly fell into a dreamless sleep.