Chapter 7

When I woke up, I was alone and it was dark. I tried to speak, or yell out, but all that resulted in was a squeak and pain in my throat.  I tried, but I felt more pain. My throat felt as though it was on fire, and my feet felt completely non exsistant.  I looked for something that could help me get somebody's attention. That's when I noticed a red button on one of the arms attached to the bed. I quickly pressed and waited for someone to come.  Soon, Nurse Nancy walked in with a warm smile on her face. "I see your awake.", she said with a small voice, "Are you OK?"

I shook my head and point to my throat. She looked at me questioningly. I sighed when an idea suddenly popped into my head. I pointed to the clock before putting my hands as if I was asking why. "What time is it?", she asked.

I shook my head and did it again, this time making the talking motion at the end. "When you talk?", she asked.

I nodded my head and smiled. Then I pointed to my throat and  then tried to show pain in some kind of way. "your throat hurts", she began,"When you talk, your throat hurts?"

I nodded. She smiled before bringing up a walkie talkie, that I hadn't noticed she was holding, to her mouth.  "Doctor. Patient in room 273 needs her medicine", she said looking me dead in the eye.

She was not sweet and bubbly anymore. She was scary and serious. Medicine?, I thought to myself, what does she mean by medicine? I started panicking. Nancy saw my fear and sighed. "It's ok. It's just something that will help your throat. We prepared it just in case this happened", she explained sweetly. 

Before I could start panicking again, a doctor arrived. It was Dr. Williams. "Hello Kianna. I hear your in need of medicine for your, uh, soar throat", he said with a small smile.

I shrugged. Laughing he gave me a small cup with an orange liquid in it. I took it hesistantly.  I looked at him with a raised eyebrow. He nodded and I took a small sip. To my suprise, it helped almost immediatly. I sip a little more before everything goes black.

Credit to meia_and_yuna for the drawing.