🖤Chapter 23🖤

"No... that's not how you eat candy, Will. You need to first take off its wrapper..." 

A cheerful voice said, it was sweet and melodic, resonating with warmth. It sounded both near and far at the same time. It felt like a gentle breeze softly brushing against your face before drifting away for another lucky victim. 

Emotionless eyes stared back at the figure and the source of that bright voice. The figure seems like a shadow, devoid of any face or colour, it was like a ghost yet its presence was comforting and warm as it unwrapped the candy for Willuf whose expression was stoic. 

"Here, you can eat it now, Will," the shadow offered him the small piece of candy, holding it delicately between its translucent fingers. 

Willulf's gaze remained fixed on the shadow's form, his dead eyes showing no emotions. He blinked but the face of the shadow didn't get clear. His stomach grumbled loudly, a stark reminder that he hasn't eaten for days, yet he made no move to accept the candy.

"Why are you not taking it? Did you not like the candies I give you anymore?" The shadow's voice wavered with a hint of disappointment, its tone turning sad. "If you don't take it, I will not come to meet you anymore...."

Willuf's dead eyes twitched at this, fear filling them, his body instantly grew colder as the shadow's presence began to fade. The thought of losing the shadow's warmth filled him with anxiety and dread. His body was full of marks of earlier beatings, covered in bruises and huge burns marks. 

Desperate to keep the shadow close, Willulf forced himself to extend a shaking hand, his fingers full of cuts trembled, filled with dry and wet blood marks. The heavy chains and locks encircling his arms and wrists clinked and rustled with each strained movement. 

The noise made Willulf flinch, his pain intensified by the jarring sound, but he endured, because he didn't want the shadow to fade away. He knows what happens when this mysterious disguised shadow leaves him alone. 

The abyss of being lonely terrified him, and the darkness of the hell he was chained to held terrors he could not face alone. He doesn't like the dark, it frightened him. He gets colder and those scary guards beat him until he passes out from the unbearable pain. 

"So, you really don't want it! Hmph! I will not come to meet you anymore!" 

"L-Li----!" He hushed out, and parted his lips but couldn't make any sound. His eyes widened as the shadow began to fade. 

"L-Li...a w-where are you go-going! Pl... Please don't leave... me!" His voice cracked, a raw and desperate plea escaping his dry lips. "D-Don't go…it hurts…h-here—!" 

He reached out, but again and again his hand fell to his side. The shadow disappeared completely, he desperately reached for nothing, and even though his eyes were just as cold as his body, his heart cried in unbearable pain. The misery in his eyes that were red with heavy eyebags seemed to be begging, his whole being wracked with a chilling sense of abandonment.

He watched his tragedy as his everything fell apart in front of him. Again. 

Alpha gasped heavily, his body paralysed and he couldn't move at all. He didn't understand whether he was awake or was still trapped in his nightmare. 

After a few minutes, his eyes fluttered open, his chest heaving as he gasped for air. The dream had ended, yet the remnants of its emotions clung to him like a haunting melody. He lay there, cold sweat dotting his forehead, his body still weary from the nightmare and he was shivering uncontrollably as if he was having a high fever. His heart just couldn't stop thundering, as he tried to move his hand.