Dr. Angel Face Prequel Part 8: First Fight, First Anniversary (Calum Hood Smut)

Summary: Calum and (Y/N) have their first fight ever. After bouncing back from it, they celebrate their anniversary and exchange the most thoughtful gifts 
This is an NSFW story. If you feel uncomfortable reading contents of this type, please, scroll through the chapters to find something you might like. 
(Smut / Fingering / Public Sex / Risky Sex) 
(Words: 6.3k) 
(Visit 5sos Book Vol. 1 for the rest of the chapters)
--

"How was New York?" Amelia asks, joining me as I stare at the OR board.
"New... I don't know, I didn't see much." I reply.
"Ooh, that sounds nice."
"It wasn't anything like that. Calum was doing promo, I was stuck in a hotel room. And we only went out twice, and that was strategically planned to avoid paps and fans. It wasn't the dreamy New York trip I was hoping for." I sigh.
"I am sorry. I know you wanted it to be special."
"I knew what I signed up for. Anyway, I am back now, and I have a spinal shunt on a toddler. So, wish me good luck."
"You don't really need good luck. But yeah, Good Luck. Karev is assisting?" She asks and I hum.
"With the help of Robins via videoconference."
"No one recognizes this about you, but the fact you are going your fellowship like that, over videoconferences and with such a long distance from your mentor, is admirable. You are one badass gal, Dr. Angel Face." She teases me, making heat cover my cheeks.
"I am going to kill Calum for that nickname." I groan.
"It's cute, and it suits you. Let him live." Amelia sings as I walk further from her.

The nickname is now stuck with me at work and home. Even Calum's friends have adopted it. For nearly a year now, I am Dr. Angel Face, and it is lovely. I never want it to change, I never want to be called another nickname, ever again.

"Good morning, buddy. How are you feeling today?" I ask the toddler who hides in his mother's arms, suckling on his pacifier.
"Say good morning to Dr. (Y/N)..." His mother coos, stroking his head softly.
"He is a little shy today. And a little fussy." She replies as I wait for the interns to scram in.
"It's alright. As long as he is not fussy because of a headache." I reply, turning to the interns.
"Shall we hear the patient's history?" I ask and the intern nods.
"Sammy Spelk, age 3. He was diagnosed with hydrocephalus a month ago and referred to us. He has no other conditions and his morning labs were normal." He narrates and I hum.
"Little Sammy over here is going to let us see his temperature, right?" I ask the toddler, sitting on the edge of the bed. I show him the temperature gun, letting him inspect it.
"Let's use it on mommy first." I say, pointing the gadget to his mother's forehead. It makes a beeping sound and the LED screen flashes green, showing me her normal temperature.
"Are you ready, Sam?" I ask and he points at his head. I smile at him, preparing the gun before pointing it at him.
"97.5, we are alright. Now, we are going for a walk and we are going to get a picture of your head. Ok, Sam?" I ask, looking at the interns.
"We are heading into surgery after the CT?" The mother asks and I nod.
"If there is no swelling, we are going to prep him for surgery. I will send someone out to inform you while we are in. I have done this surgery countless times. And I am being assisted by the hospital's chief of surgery, and Dr. Robins, who is a top pediatric surgeon. Sam is in really good hands." I assure her and she sighs.
"Do you have children?" She asks me and I shake my head no.
"No, I don't."
"You are very good with Sam, and he is not an easy child. He seems to trust you." She states.
"It is one of the reasons why I chose pediatric neurosurgery. Children are much better patients than adults." I joke as the intern rolls in the wheelchair for Sam.
"Can I come along?" The mother asks.
"You will have to wait outside the radiology department, but yes, it's preferred if you do follow." I reply, helping Sam onto the chair.

"Your phone was shut off..." Calum states as my call goes through.
"Good evening to you too, my love. It is so nice to finally hear your voice after such a long day." I tease him, earning a scoff.
"You are a pain in the ass, Dr. Angel Face."
"I have been told. Multiple times, by my boyfriend who wouldn't change anything about me."
"Smartass..." He mumbles.
"I was in surgery, I needed to be undistracted." I explain and he hums.
"Am I a distraction, Dr. (Y/L/N)?" He asks. I can practically hear his cocked eyebrow in his voice.
"The worst kind of. Anyway, why were you calling me?" I ask him.
"I wanted to ask what you'd like for dinner... Remember, date at your place, tonight?"
"Of course, I remember. But I thought I'd be cooking."
"Well, you said you had this exciting surgery today and I thought you'd need to rest a bit, that's why I am suggesting takeout." He explains. Oh no, his caring and considerate side. I can feel my heart pounding, my knees becoming weak.
"Just say you don't like my cooking, Hood..." I laugh and he sighs, in playful frustration.
"I could eat some stir-fry tonight. Maybe some chicken wantons too."
"Rice cake too?" He asks and I hum.
"Do you even need to ask?"
"I will be over at your place at 8:30."
"I will be waiting." I cheer, a smile permanently tattooed on my face nowadays. He makes me happy, the happiest I have been in a relationship. And he is the longest relationship I have been in, I am not afraid to admit it. Sometimes I catch myself thinking he is the one, the one I am supposed to grow old and spend the rest of my life with.