Chapter 8

"Be careful not to cause too much damage," Sky advised from above before anyone could jump into action. "We need to get on this train after all."

"If I destroy the train and the station, then could we walk to Era?" Rei questioned, earning confused looked from some of the dark wizards.

"If you destroy the train then we'll take the bumpiest and slowest wagon to Era I can find," Sky retorted in a harsh tone.

Rei's face scrunched up in disgust just at the thought of having to ride a wagon, "I guess I'll make sure the train doesn't get damaged."

"Now then, let's get this party started!" Evelyn said with a smirk before she yelled, "Full Body Take Over: Demon Soul!"

A few of the dark wizards seemed to realize that they weren't dealing with just some random wizards and fear filled their faces as Evelyn seemed to become covered in shadows and wind surrounded her. When the dust settled, Evelyn no longer had her dark burgundy jacket on, instead, she was wearing an armored, black dress, the skirt stopping above her knees. The black boots she had were armored and went above her knees. The most noticeable change was the black horns that had appeared on the sides of her head above her now-pointed ears.

"That's take-over magic!" One of the dark wizards shouted in a shaky voice. "These guys aren't just random wizards. They must be from some strong guild!"

"That doesn't matter! Take them down!" The leader snapped.

"I bet I can take down more than you," Evelyn said as dark balls of magic energy covered her fists.

"Yeah right, I accept that challenge," Rei replied, a smirk appearing on her face as blue lightning began to spark around her.

Everyone jumped into action and Rei immediately shouted, "Strom dragon: wing attack!"

Rei swung her arms around and storm clouds spun around like whips, electrocuting anyone they hit.

And I'm starting with 6.

A dark wizard holding a glowing sword ran at her and swung the sword. Rei ducked as a blade of light was flung from the sword. Rei moved forward and punched the wizard in the stomach, using a bit of electricity to help knock him out. 7.

Two wizards charged at her at the same time, one was unarmed but smelled of smoke and the other had a battle axe. Before the smoke wizard was able to use what Rei assumed would be fire magic, she yelled out, "Storm dragon: whirlwind!" and both him and the axe-wielding wizard were sent flying in the air as a result of the small tornado that had manifested around Rei. Once the two were in the air, along with 2 others who had started charging toward her only to get pulled in by the mini tornado, the whirlwind faded before it could do any damage to the building. 11.

Rei then looked to the next group, three wizards who had fearful looks on their faces that made Rei smirk. She ran toward the one closest to her who smelled like dirt and shouted, "Storm Dragon: turbulence fist!" before a storm cloud covered her fist and she punched him as he attempted to make a dirt wall in front of him with his magic. 12. Then she turned to the next wizard, who tightened the grip on his staff when Rei looked at him. Rei never got to find out what the staff did as she yelled, "Storm Dragon: claw!" and storm clouds reinforced her kick and electrocuted the wizard. 13.

The final dark wizard locked eyes with Rei before holding his hands out in front of him and shouting, "Storm Shred!", causing blades of wind to speed toward Rei. Rei smirked and braced herself before inhaling and drawing in the magic blades of air and swallowing them.

"A wind magic user! That's prefect! Just what I need to really get going!" Rei exclaimed, excitement in her eyes. The fact that she had just eaten his wind magic caused the dark wizard to pass out from fear. Rei puffed out her cheeks, a bit disappointed, but her smirk returned as she added him to her tally. And that's 14.