Part 12

Pacing in front of her closet, Kat was racking her brain with what she was going to wear for her Halloween outfit under her cloak. Her makeup was already done. For her eyelook, she went with a black smokey eye with red eyeshadow under her waterline that blended into what looked like tears of blood. She debated between a blood red lipstick, but wanting to go for shock factor, she opted for black. Seeing as this was Hawkins, she would not have been surprised if she owned the only tube of black lipstick in the whole town. Kat had noticed she had quieted down a lot since settling into a routine here. She had a small group of people she didn't mind being around and everyone else seemed to have let her be. She knew herself though and she could tell tonight eyes were going to be on her.

"Here goes nothin'." She said as she reached in for an outfit that she knew would turn heads even with her body being surrounded by the long velvet fabric of her cloak. She grabbed her tight fitting spaghetti strap tank top with a plunging neckline that stopped just at the top of her ribs. With that she added a black high waisted schoolgirl skirt over flower patterned fishnet tights. To finish off the outfit, she wore platform stiletto lace-up boots. The only thing she kept simple for this look was her hair, which she just let her curly wolf cut fall around her face.

As she was fastening her leviathan cross necklace, she heard that unmistakable rumbling of Eddie's van. She grabbed her snowflake obsidian ring off her dresser, slipped it onto her thumb, and went as quickly as she could down the stairs, although the five inch stilettos made hurrying a little difficult.

Just as she had stepped off the last stair, she heard his light knocking on the door. She grabbed her keys from the foyer table before she opened the door. Immediately Kat bursted out laughing, completely caught by surprise at the fact Eddie even bothered to dress up at all, let alone something this elaborate. With his black bandana covering the top of his head, he was wearing a loosely tied white poet blouse shirt with a neckline, that while not as revealing as Kat's, was enough to reveal his chest tattoo, which was peaking out ever so slightly. To round out the look, he wore colonial-looking black breeches and pirate boots.

"Uh...h-hi?" He managed to spit out, not because he was confused by Kat's laughter, but by how drop dead gorgeous she looked. If his jaw wasn't securely attached, it would have fallen and bounced down Kat's front steps.

"I can't believe you actually dressed up." She said once her laughter subsided. "I would show you around my house, but I am not going back up and down those stairs in these shoes, so another time." He was still just staring at her, taking in her whole outfit. "Hey, earth to Munson," she said, snapping her fingers in front of his face. She reached out her hand, lifting his chin up so he met her gaze. "I'll take a picture of the outfit later so you can stare at it all you want. We have a party to go to, remember?" He shook his head and moved back slightly, removing his chin from her light grasp. It was going to be one of those nights.

"Just didn't expect you to go all out, s'all."

"It's practically the best day of the whole year, of course I'm going all out. Now," she said as she shoved her keys in his chest, "can we go?"

"Uh, yep. Yeah. I'm on it. We're going. Let's go." Kat shook her head, laughing to herself at his near incoherent babbling.

Immediately when Eddie started up the car, "Alone Again" by Dokken was booming from its speakers. Kat immediately jumped right in, belting out the words. When it was over, she turned it down slightly. "You're welcome." She said as she reached into her center console for a joint and a lighter. Eddie just gave her a look. "What? Don't tell me you don't have a car stash." Upon her exhale, she held it out to him. "Want some?"

"You really need to ask?" He asked, taking it from her. She shrugged and then bopped her head along to the next track. "You either really love Dokken or you're in an exceptionally good mood." He remarked.