Part 20

The jarring sound of the alarm clock Kat forgot to turn off jolted her awake. She flailed her arms as she was startled, hitting something next to her, which caused her to jump even more.

"Ow..?" Eddie groaned. "You gonna shut that off?"

Once Kat finally woke up enough to remember everything that happened, she reached over and turned off the alarm. "Sorry I slapped you," Kat giggled.

"No, it's fine. Love being roughed up first thing in the morning." They both looked at each other before bursting out laughing. Eddie rolled over wrapping his arm around Kat's waist as he snuggled his face into her neck. She reached up and ran her fingers through his hair.

"Ugh, we should get up and go to school." Kat sighed reluctantly.

"Noooo," Eddie's voice was muffled into her shoulder.

"Yes!" She said as she tried to peel him off her. "Do you wanna repeat your senior year for a third time? Get up." Slithering out of bed successfully, she grabbed the blankets and threw them half off the bed, which made Eddie let out a yelp as the cold morning air hit his skin.

"But it's just one day!" He protested.

"And so was yesterday, which you also missed!" She was rifling through her closet, trying to find a shirt.

"Okay, so... it's just two days!"

Pausing, Kat turned around to glare at him, before going back to what she was doing. "Ah! Found it. Here." She threw a shirt at him. "It's big on me. Might fit you. Don't make me force you out of this house. We're going." Grabbing her own outfit, she left the room to change in the bathroom.

"You're lucky this is an Iron Maiden shirt!" Eddie called to her.

"You're lucky I just have good taste in music." She said, handing him her toothbrush, which Eddie just looked at. "Go on, take it."

"But that's..."

Kat rolled her eyes. "I think after last night, you can use my toothbrush. I'll meet you downstairs." She saids shoving it at her chest. Eddie smirked at her as she left the room.

"Yeah, okay, good point." He mumbled to himself.

When Eddie finally went downstairs, Kat had her backpack on and was eating a poptart. She slid a plate with two of them on it over to him. "Well, aren't you sweet?" He said as he helped himself.

"Sweet as pie." Kat batted her eyelashes at him.

"Don't I know it. Got a taste last night." He smirked at her.

"Alright, alright, hurry up, we gotta go." She shoved his keys at him, pushing him towards the door.

"You really are persistent, you know that?"

"Mhmm." She murmured as she eyed Sherri across the street watching them like a hawk. "Well, I can't take you back to LA with me after graduation, if you, ya know, don't graduate." Eddie stopped short, causing Kat to bump into him. He spun around to face her. "I mean, totally, like, only if you want to..."

"You want me...to go back to LA...with you?" He asked slowly, making sure he heard her right.

"Duh? Seriously, Eddie? Someone with your talent will rot away if you stay in a place like this." She said as she emphatically gestured around her, turning in one full circle. "And, I for one, will not stand to see your talent wasted." She poked his chest to put emphasis on each of her words.

"We really are a packaged deal now, huh?" He responded as he held her chin in place as he kissed her.

"Yup." She smiled dreamily, staring up at him for a few seconds. "A packaged deal that needs to graduate. Move it, Munson." As she rounded the van to get into the passenger seat, she locked eyes with her neighbor. "Good morning, Sherri! Be sure to tell all your gossiping friends what you just saw! You have a nice day now!" Eddie gave her a confused look. "She's the bitch that complained about your van to my aunt. Oh, you know what? Next spring I should kill all her flowers. Make her front lawn look ugly as shit." She mused out loud. Eddie shook his head and laughed as the van's engine roared to life.