Chapter 13 - 마지막 첫사랑 My First and Last → Bye My First... ✔

For a moment, the table was totally silent as the reality of the situation sank in. The waiter looked from one to the next of us expectantly as he waited for a response, but I didn't know what to say, and no one else seemed to, either. I tried to scoot a little further away from Lucas's side, but his hand gripped my shoulder, pulling me back toward him and keeping me there despite my best efforts.

"So, what's the plan?" Heidi was the first to recover, her gaze shifting to Lucas as she spoke.

What kind of plan could there be in this situation? The only course of action was for me to go to Aaron and return to the life I'd led previously, but Lucas's grip on me only tightened at her question as if he knew what the next step was, but he wasn't willing to actually face the truth. I swallowed heavily, trying my best to remain calm and rational when my insides were waging war against me.

"Are we gonna let him see our faces or??" Heidi raised a brow. "The Monstas are already gone, and he knows Lucas and I, but he's never seen Johnny, Jaehyun, or Mark."

"Johnny, you and Mark go get my car." Lucas's voice was almost emotionless, and if I hadn't known him any better, I would have thought all of this meant nothing to him. "Jaehyun, get us the usual rooms."

There was a brief moment of silence, and at first, I thought the boys might be about to protest. A part of me wished they would, because there was no way Lucas would let Aaron inside to blow the cover of his men, and I needed just a few more moments to realign my innards enough to be able to face seeing Aaron and Lucas in the same room again. Finally, the three men got up without a word, and Heidi shot an apologetic smile toward the waiter.

"You can bring him to our table, Seungkwan." She said, her eyes shifting to me.

The waiter nodded quickly and left, and the crushing silence that fell over the table was almost debilitating after the joking and laughing. Despite myself, tears welled in my eyes, and I folded my hands tightly in my lap to keep them from shaking. I hadn't realized I would have to say my 'goodbyes' so soon, or I would have worked harder to distance myself from Lucas and the others.

Beside me, Lucas had gone completely still, and when I dared to shoot a glance in his direction, I found his brows were drawn together. He was staring at me as if he wanted to say something, but from the fierce set of his jaw, me could tell he was holding back in order not to explode. Deep down inside, had he forgotten that all this would come to an end, too?

"Cassidy?" I looked up at the sound of Aaron's voice.

He was standing a few feet away from my table beside the waiter. His shoulders were slightly hunched, and his clothes were drenched and dripping on the floor, making him look like a puppy who had gotten lost in a storm. He looked at me with guilt and sorrow mingled in his eyes, and a certain resignation welled in my heart.

Slowly, I reached up and pushed Lucas's hand off my shoulder, and this time, he let me go. I forced a smile at Aaron, and he stumbled nearer to the table, looking as though he might cry. Shock filled me as he fell on his knees in front of the table, and I got halfway to my feet at the sight.

"I'm so sorry." He groaned. "I didn't think they'd come after you, too. I just got a threat, and I thought everything would end if I left. The thought never crossed my mind that they would drag you into all this mess." He covered his eyes with the palms of his hands. "It's all my fault."

"You received a threat, and you didn't think they'd track down those around you to make them pay for your wrongs?" Lucas growled before I could find my voice.

Aaron looked up, startled. "I—I thought I was doing the right thing." He whimpered.

"You thought?" Lucas sneered. "You thought it was a good idea to leave your wife alone when one of the biggest gangs in Seoul had told you they were on your tail? Didn't the thought ever cross your mind that you should try to protect her?"