Chapter 4: Deceit

A/N: If y'all wondering what the legends never die program costume looks like ^^^

BTW I'll go into detail about a backstory later in the story.

No one's POV

Nagi was shocked by what he saw on screen. Though he and the girl had only interacted for a brief moment, he was surprised to see the abuse that she had gone through.

Her bubbly and energetic facade made Nagi question whether the girl in the video was the same one as he just interacted with. They were so similar, yet so different. They seemed like twins who lead very drastically different lives.

"Ahhhh, this is so confusing, it's such a hassle.", Nagi sighed as he thought about the mysterious girl.

Just then, he heard someone scream from downstairs,
"NAGI-KUNN!!!! DINNER IS READY!!"
"I'll be right there...", Nagi responded immediately not wanting to seem rude Infront of the seemingly high and mighty girl.

He headed down the grand staircase, still in awe of the infrastructure as he saw the girl setting up the dinner table. Yet, there was only one bowl of rice on the table, and a big one at that, with many different meats and vegetables.
Nagi pulled a chair and sat down while he assessed the girl infront of him from top to bottom. She was only wearing the most normal shorts and shirt with an apron over top. Her curvy figure was well accentuated by the apron and it awakened something in Nagi.

"Oh, you're down. You can start eating whenever, no need to wait for me. And do tell me if it's not to your liking, I haven't really cooked for anyone.", she said embarrassed while scratching the back of her neck.

"Eh don't worry, I don't really care about stuff like this.", nagi reassured the girl.
The girl thanked him and proceeded to wash the mess she had created in the kitchen. It was then that nagi noticed that she kept rubbing her lower back when she bent over.

Confused, he asked,"You have a back injury???" It sounded more blunt than intended. "It is that obvious?", the girl replied with a sheepish smile. "Don't worry though, it's just a small injury from my younger skating years. It just hurts occasionally and the doctor said that it was fine so I'm A-Okay!!!!", she said winking at Nagi.

Nagi blushed at that sight and buried his head into his food. After the dishes were washed, Sakura took out a box full of spinach and some small pieces of chicken.

"Wait, that's all you're eating???", nagi said in response to the small portion of food and the lack of other ingredients.

"Yep, I'm kinda on a diet right now. If I gain any weight, I cant go on the ice.", Sakura explained.

"Huh, why?"

"Well, I'm currently at the perfect body to fat ratio and weight to skate and execute my jumps perfectly. If I gain any kind of weight, it's gonna throw me off sooo..."

For a brief moment, Nagi felt admiration of the girl infront of him. She was a year younger, yet, took care of herself better than he ever did. She was conscious of her body condition and did all she could to maintain in her best shape.

It was only so brief though. As he recalled the horrific mental abuse she had gone through as a child, it all made sense. She had a strict coach who once made her carry a pound of rice just to let her know what gaining a pound of weight felt like. Her back injury, from all the falls she suffered just because her coach wanted the glory and fame 'Stella' could bring.

It all started to click.

The Sakura infront of him, was a facade of her true self. A kind demeanor, yet so empty. As if her only purpose in life was to skate and win. This Sakura was brainwashed to believe that winning is everything and if she doesn't, then she's a failure. Her self consciousness, was not due to the immense love she felt for skating, it was due to a decade of abuse, a decade of brainwashing, a decade of suffering. Nagi might not know the true extent of her story, though, he's starting to understand.

She had never struck him as someone whom could be in the same sentence as the word 'deceit', yet at that moment, he felt like she was a puzzle, waiting to be solved, waiting to be understood.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.

Okayzzzz that's the end of the chapter, what do y'all think of it. Nagi might be a little bit too curious about her but hey, its all for ✨plot✨.

Anyways vote for the chapter of you liked it and pls if you have criticism, pls comment it nicely. Thank You!!