14. 'Handling a drunk Komal is strenuous'- Alessandro

𝓐𝑙𝑒𝑠𝑠𝑎𝑛𝑑𝑟𝑜

I throw Komal over my shoulder who at the moment thinks she is flying. I knew she is reckless but to this extent, it's arduous for me to comprehend. God knows how much vodka she has had leading her to be wretchedly drunk. And what time is it? 7 p.m.

I put her down as she struggles to keep her balance. Freezing right at the spot, her heavy drunk eyes bore into mine as she tilts her head and blinks my way. "Your eyes.." she continues, "are beautiful.." a hiccup interrupts her as she speaks further, "and familiar. But do I know you?"

Of course, Komal. You know me.

"Get in the car," I speak out icily to which she shakes her head innocently.

"No."

I purse my lips watching her fix her hair, constantly shaking a bit because of the regular hiccups.

"I said get in the car." I instruct her again. She narrows her eyes and then flashes a sweet smile to me saying, "say please." If the devil couldn't reach me, he put me in this situation of handling a drunk Komal. Raking my hand through my hair in exasperation, I say, "I swear to lord Komal," she waits for me to continue, "get in the car, please."

That was enough for her to sit in the car while I circle around and get in the car myself. Recognising that she hasn't tied her seat belt yet and is eyeing the car enthusiastically like she's sitting in the car for the first time makes me look at her blankly. This isn't the first time she's sitting in my car. "You're not kidnapping me right?" She questions in her low voice as I tie the belt around her.

"I'm not kidnapping you, Komal. Shut up." The engine starts as I rush off from the bar. I can't imagine leaving her alone when she's drunk because if she can get in the car with me who she doesn't recognise, then certainly she can do anything. But the fact that she wasn't able to recognise who I am, twitched a string.

Weird noises interrupt my thoughts as I see Komal behaving like a mad woman.

"Shut up!"
I bite out in frustration as she almost flinched at my tone making me regret shouting at her. With her eyes wide, she stops immediately and sinks back into her seat curling herself up like a child. I rub my temples in frustration, I didn't mean to scare her.

This isn't getting any easier.

Once at my place, I quickly park the car.

"Step out." This time she doesn't put forward her demand to make me say 'please' or be a little polite but simply steps out of the car looking down south and never meeting my gaze. I dawdle towards the entrance of my house and punch the security code. All the while Komal was following me taking baby steps and never looking up.

"What happened to you?" My question finally makes her look up and I see her watery eyes glimmering. She makes a sad face while asking, "why did you shout at me?" I close my eyes trying my best to be patient with her.

"Why?"

"Don't shout at me, I don't like it. There are others who keep shouting at me." The sweet tone laced with pure innocence changes my mood as quickly as the speed of light. I approach her, "I'm sorry amore." Never in my life I would want to trouble her like that. I repent looking in her eyes as she only mutters a ,"it's fine" and gets back to her bubbly state. She jumps a few times looking here and there. "It's so big." She starts admiring the interior of the house but snaps the next second as if her brain starts working again. "This! This is the Satan's house!!"