Night Fury! Get Down!

A/N: All characters look the same as in Race To The Edge. I do not own the HTTYD franchise and this is only a fanfiction work.

Third person pov:

The first glimmer of moonlight signaled that it was about to begin. Every night, every single night. Dragons. They came spewing fire and brimstone, bringing a new death almost every night. A small Fifteen year old boy came running toward the forge, ducking and weaving as the giant torches were lit and hoisted aloft, Vikings of all ages and descriptions were running about waving weapons around and trying to kill as many dragons as possible. A dragon perched on a roof showed particular interest in the boy and threw fireballs down at the unsuspecting boy, before being targeted by a horde of angry Vikings. The dragon fired at the unsuspecting Vikings and badly burnt the Viking's shields and one Viking clawed madly at his beard trying to extinguish the flames. Another teen ran over with a bucket of water and doused the entire bucket over his head. While this was happening the boy ran towards the blacksmith, when suddenly a Monstrous Nightmare leaped in front of him and flamed up and just as he was ready to fire the blacksmith yelled out a vicious war cry from behind and attacked the dragon with all his might.

Hiccup pov:

I was ducking and weaving with all my strength, putting on my blacksmith's apron as I went, when suddenly a Monstrous Nightmare flamed up in front of me. I felt myself go numb, so this is how Hiccup Horrendous Haddock the III died. I braced for the worst pain imaginable when I head Gobber's  war cry of fury,

"I'll ge' tha' beastie! CHARGE!!" 

"Gobber! Thank Thor!" I exclaimed relief flooding me. "I can help you fight..." I said tentatively,

"FOR THE LAST TIME HICCUP! NO, NO and NO! YOU ARE NOT FIGHTING DRAGONS!!" Stoick roared behind me, 

I slunk away until I found my secret project, I looked around tentatively to make sure no one was watching before I pulled it out and ran toward the top of the hill overlooking the ocean.

"NIGHT FURY! GET DOWN!" a Viking warrior screamed, whirling bolas around aiming at the shadowy shape against the inky black night, silence now broken as a hundred dragons attacked Berk once again.

I pulled out the my latest contraption and fired at it twice, the bolas whirling around and around before striking a Deadly Nadder with blue and gold colouring. The Night Fury screamed down toward me firing plasma blasts and scorching the earth around me. I fired again and the Night Fury roared in pain struggling to control it's flight. I saw it crash and go down over the ridge.

"I just shot down a Nadder. And a Night Fury!" I whispered before the world went black and I collapsed, exhausted onto the ground.

2 Days later...

I woke up with a start and looked around wildly, I was in my room surrounded by the aroma of healing spices and herbs. I licked my lips and realized they had become dry and cracked,

"W-w-" I tried but my throat wouldn't form the words I wanted them to, I cleared my throat again, "Water." I whispered hoarsely.

"You're alive! Oh thank Odin, you had me worried there for a while, but you got a Nadder! It's even alive, thanks to that weird contraption of yours." Stoick greeted me while crushing the life out of me.

"Can't... breathe..." 

"Oh, sorry son. Anyway, you get to kill the Nadder! You really had me there for a while, who knew that my scrawny, weak little boy had it in him? Dragon killing? Hahaha!" Stoick chuckled to himself as he walked away.

"Well that fills me with confidence..." I said muttering under my breath,

The next day...

I remembered the Night Fury that I had shot down and approximately where it had landed, now all I had to do was find it and bring it's head back and I would become the village hero.