New allies and expanding Dragon's Edge

Heather pov:

I brushed my hair back over my shoulder, my axe at the ready if a hunter emerged. As I entered below decks a muffled clanging came from one of the cages and I looked in and to my shock I saw a blonde short haired woman with blue eyes trying desperately to get the cell door unlocked to no avail. 

The woman stared defiantly at me as I came into view. I realized that four other Vikings were in a cell next to her and were also trying to get out. Windshear rounded the corner and the woman backed away nervously. "Windshear, single spine shot." I commanded. Windshear whirled around shooting a dart into the lock and breaking it apart. 

I calmly walked up to the lock and removed the barb, before using it to unlock the other cell door. "Thank you. I can see you are a friend of Dragons, not like those Hunters who want only to make a profit. My name is Mala, and these four are my remaining guards. Throk, will you show our friend here what you managed to steal from a Hunter's ship?"

 One of the guards stepped forward and held out a tube with a dragon head covered in runes and gold. "I don't know if it will help you, but we have no need for it." I took the object hesitantly. 

"Where were you captured?" I asked curious. "We were on a trade boat to another Island to make a treaty with them and these Hunters captured us and our boat." I winced as I realized that there HAD been a normal Viking boat in amongst those that we sank yesterday. "Yeah, um, we kinda sank it yesterday... sorry." Mala nodded in understanding. "We will get a new one, don't worry."

"Heather? Everything ok?" Astrid's voice floated down and the thud of a dragon landing on the deck of the ship. "I've found five prisoners that the Hunters imprisoned. "I'll go tell Hiccup, he's on the other boat, seeing if anything can be salvaged." Astrid launched off the deck and Stormfly squawked.

"You really need a navy."  Mala shook her head. Throk and the other guards were busy rummaging through the different Hunters quarters. "A Navy?" I echoed. "Why would we need a navy?" "To combat the Dragon Hunters if they ever attack your base." Mala answered simply.

There was another thud and Hiccup appeared at the top of the ladder. "Well hello there. You must be the prisoners Heather rescued." Hiccup climbed off Toothless and walked over to us. "This is Mala," I said gesturing to the blonde short-haired woman in front of me. "And this is Throk and her remaining bodyguards." 

Throk and the three remaining bodyguards stood to attention, bags of plundered goods on the gently swaying, well worn floor. Hiccup smiled warmly. "Pleased to meet you Mala and Throk. We will accommodate you in our village tonight." 

Hiccup and I walked up onto deck and into the lukewarm early morning sun just peeking over the horizon. Hiccup latched a rope onto Toothless and Astrid onto Stormfly. I grabbed another hemp fiber rope and twisted it around the main mast, before launching into the air to join Astrid and Hiccup in towing the Hunter warship to the beach. 

Sunset that evening...

Hiccup pov:

I finished eating and put my plate aside to be cleaned tomorrow. The firelight of the central brazier on the new clubhouse was illuminating shadows on either side of the walls. Astrid lifted a blonde strand of hair and shyly met my eyes from where she was sitting next to me. "Are you okay to plan with our guests on how to get them back home? Me and Astrid just need to go and have a talk." I said suddenly to Heather. Heather waved us off, a gleam of something undecipherable in her eye. "Go. We'll be fine." 

Astrid got up and I held my hand out to her. She blinked at me wearily. "Come on." I whispered. I found the perfect place to have a talk." Astrid yawned and I lead her along a narrow trail, ferns and foliage brushing against us with the dew of the night lending us energy. I stooped to cup my hands in a shallow stream, water silently slapping the few rocks of stepping stones. "How much further?" Astrid asked. "I'm already tired-" Astrid stopped short when she saw the moonlit clearing surrounding a gushing waterfall and lake.