Chapter Nine: Sverðmáttur

The year is 858, Thorfinn is now 18 years old, he has grown a full beard and has made his hair into a top knot.

"Have you regained your skill Thor?" Varin asks.

"Yup, I feel confident and trust my blade again, the handle feels amazing, thanks Varin."

"No problem Thor, now use those skills for the greater good."

"Will do." Thorfinn says and walks back into Saxa's room and places his sword on the shelf.

"Well, how did it go today?" Saxa asks.

"Good-good, I feel confident again in swinging my blade..."

"We're being attacked!" A soldier shouts.

Thorfinn grabbed his sword, put on his iron helmet, iron gauntlets and iron chestplate, and then stormed out the front door.

"Face me English scum!" Harald shouts as he lunges his long sword through the Englishmen's chest.

"Watch out Harald!" Thorfinn shouts... Sadly it was too late, an Englishmen decapitated Harald before he could even react.

"You fucking dishonorable fuck!" Thorfinn shouts and slices the Englishmen's neck open, the blood spat on his gauntlets and the blood came running down Thorfinn's blade.

"Keep pushing Thor!" Olaf shouts...

Thorfinn then targets as many Englishmen as he could, slicing them open, bashing them in the face with his hard iron gauntlets but then, all of a sudden, an arrow pierces Thorfinn's chestplate and goes into the back of his lung...

Olaf got captured and got a knife held to his neck, an Englishmen dragged Saxa out of her house by her ponytail...

Thorfinn just laid there on the ground, helpless, he couldn't speak, he could barely breathe, the blood just kept gushing out from his mouth, his vision was blurry and could only hear the deafening screams from the people...

"Pick him up and throw him in the back of the wagon!" Commander Charles shouts.

Elite shoulders of the Mercian army walked over to Thorfinn's body, picked him up and threw him in the back of the wagon, they also threw Saxa next to Thorfinn in the back of the wagon...

"Alright, we got what we need, let's go!" Commander Charles shouted and the wagon with Thorfinn and Saxa started driving off...

2 days later...

"Morning..." Ymir says to Thorfinn.

"Huh, where is Saxa, where am I?"

"I received your message, you truly are the devil spawn Thor..."

"Well, face me like a human, un-tie me from this chair and hand me a sword..."

"Why would I treat you like a human if you could kill a baby like that in cold blood? Do you even understand what you have done? The whole English kingdom is mad at me because he was supposed to be the next King and now he's fucking dead!"

"Well I'm glad then..."

"I should've had my men kill you whilst you were in Iceland..."

"Too bad you didn't..."

"Doesn't matter, I'm going to make you feel what I felt... Guards, bring her in!"

English guards drag Saxa into the room and sit her down on her knees right before Thorfinn...

"You wouldn't..."

Ymir unsheathes a knife with Celtic crosses engraved on the blade and the handle of blade made of pure gold, she places the knife right before Saxa's neck...

"STOP! I WON'T LET YOU!" Thorfinn shouts.

"You are powerless Thor, your whole life shall be crumbled before your very own eyes!"

She pulled the knife and sliced Saxa's neck open right before Thorfinn's very eyes...

Thorfinn screams and shouts, tries to use all of his strength to break free from the chair, but nothing works...

Thorfinn gives up and just looks down on Saxa, blinking her last bits of life away...

"It was you, wasn't it?"

"What was it?"

"It was you, you poisoned mom and dad..."

"Yup..."

"Why Ymir, why?"

"Jealousy, I hated how unfairly I was treated, you were always the golden child, you always received the good end, you never went through a single bit of hardship in your life..."

Thorfinn just laughs in a manic manner...

"I've seen enough of you, you're just like dad, insane, selfish and heartless! Guards! Kill him!"

An Englishmen takes his long ax, places it behind Thorfinn's neck and... Decapitates him...