THIRTY - Nugget

Isabella

Isabella didn't go to class on Friday.

When they had finally made it home after Fight Night. Knux had been so exhausted and hurting that she actually had to help him shower and into bed. Revive had confirmed that Knux's ribs were most likely bruised and she had kept cooling his side throughout the night. Thus, Isabella had hardly slept, watching over Knux like an overly protective mother hen, while he had drifted off to sleep within the minute he had laid down. Every time he had turned a bit under pain filled groans she had jolted upright, ready to help him but he didn't wake up and had only been half-awake when she replaced the cooling pad on his chest twice.

When he had woken up fully because of Isabella's alarm to get ready for college, she had been close to crying from fatigue. Knux had watched her for a few long seconds, before sighing softly and then pulling her into the side of his body that was a little less hurt.

"Sleep, precious," he had said in a low murmur and put a large, bandaged hand on her head to scratch her scalp in slow motions. "I'm going to be fine, sweet girl. Sleep. You need to rest as well."

First she had cried and sobbed into his chest unable to stop the emotional outfall that she had tried to contain for hours already, while Knux had mumbled some sweet affirmations. And then when her tears had subsided, she had fallen into an exhausted sleep.

When Isabella woke up some hours later, it was already close to midday and she had missed half of her classes. Neither her nor Knux had moved in the slightest and she was still carefully spooned to his side, his hand cupping her head protectively. They cuddled for a little while before slowly making their way to the kitchen. Knux was quiet and only seemed to relax after the next dose of painkillers started to take effect. 

They weren't the only ones that stayed home after Fight Night and after a late breakfast they joined the other guys in the living room. Isabella changed a few bandages for several of the fighters and then sat down on the floor at one of the couch tables with her study stuff. Knux was spread out on the sofa behind her and watched a car show on the TV together with Hazzard and Chazz, who had taken residence on the sofas close by. Knux's hand kept scratching her head and neck while Isabella tried to continue making the study plan she had started a couple of days ago. If she already missed another day of class, then she at least had to try to do something for her studies.

Most of the day passed like this - Knux resting with the others and her going over notes and lecture material. They retired early to their room, skipping the Friday evening party completely, because both of them just wanted to sleep.

***

"Hey girl, what are you up to?" Isabella heard Kitty's voice ask.

She looked up from where she had been packing her books into a cardboard box to carry over to Knux's - now their - room. After their unplanned rest day at home the day before, Knux had gone to work and Isabella stayed back at the club house. First, she had handled the weekly chores that had been assigned to her this week - vacuum cleaning the living room, kitchen and hallway. Then, she had studied for several hours, before deciding to take a break and pack some of her things. She had figured that should could get started with it already and maybe surprise Knux when he came home after work.

Kitty came into the room, looking around a little surprised.

"Packing. Knux asked me to move into his room," Isabella said and placed the book she had been holding into the box.