chapter one.

LARISSA WEEMS, as the principal of Nevermore Academy, personally escorted Wednesday Addams and his parents, Morticia and Gomez Addams, into Wednesday's new dorm room at Nevermore

Wednesday stood in the between of his parents, eyeing the color pallet of his new roommate which was a variety of blacks, browns, and velvety reds.

The family liked the girl already.

"What a magnificent room," Morticia complimented the decorating job in astonishment.

A girl with bright, blonde hair and multiple colors at the tips skipped over to them, and for a second the family was shocked to see such a vivid girl in the darkly colored room.

"Hi, I'm Enid!"

She stuck out her hand for Wednesday to shake, but he made no effort to move, causing her to drop her hand back to her side.

"Enid, where is ( Y/n )?" Principal Weems asked through her teeth.

A smooth voice from behind Gomez and Morticia startled them. "Right here."

The family turned around to be met with a girl leaning against the doorframe. She had on the standard Nevermore uniform but red, and she looked unamused at the sight of surprise visitors.

"Is there something that you forgot to mention to me, Weems?" She asked, welcoming a heavy tension into the room.

Principal Weems gulped, somewhat intimidated. "Yes. ( Y/n ), it seems that you will have a roommate this semester after all. This is Wednesday Addams."

The two examined each other from feet away,
( Y/n ) intimidatingly eyeing him up and down and Wednesday watching her eyes wander about, staring straight and blankly at her face.

She stepped closer to him, outstretched her hand, and offered a small smile. "Welcome, Wednesday."

It was a rare occasion when Wednesday touched a stranger, other than to cause physical harm, but he felt compelled to be gentle this time.

He shook her hand, his fingertips tingling, and took it back a few moments after. "Thank you."

Morticia and Gomez looked at each other in pure shock at seeing their son's sudden softness.

"Are you feeling okay?" Enid butted in. "You look a little pale."

"Wednesday always looks half-dead," Gomez informed, who was too wrapped up in staring at ( Y/n ) to even notice Enid standing in front of him.

Enid nodded understandingly.

"Welcome to Ophelia Hall!" She stepped towards him with her arms open wide, but he stepped back. "Right, no physical touch. Got it."

"Please excuse Wednesday. She's allergic to color," Morticia said, eyeing the girl's hair.

( Y/n ) hummed. "Me too."