22

"He could have just gone out ..!" Mikoto said, holding her husband's arm.

"No, Mikoto ..." Fugaku took a deep breath.

No. This couldn't be. Stop, Fugaku. Don't connect dots, there's nothing to connect! There's no evidence.
But he had a gut feeling that these two things were indeed connected.

"I'll look around for him. You wait here, just in case he returns," Fugaku said, placing his hand on his wife's.

"Okay ..." Mikoto nodded and watched Fugaku leave once again to look for his son. 'Oh Lord Kami, please let him be safe ...'

Forests Within
The Land of Fire

"Rise and shine, Duckbutt,"

Sasuke groaned a little as he opened his eyes, squinting at the bright sunlight hitting his face.

Naruto leaned over, grinning as he watched the Uchiha get up. He let out an amused chuckle as Sasuke took in his surroundings.

"What the fuck?!" Sasuke exclaimed once he finally registered where he was and what was happening.

"Aw, don't glare at me like that," Naruto pouted. "It hurt so much when you said you didn't want to come with me, and I couldn't just leave without you!"

"Quit lying, bastard," Sasuke grit his teeth and Naruto giggled.

"Ouch," Naruto laid his head on Sasuke's chest. "Why are you so mean?"

"Move, I need to get home," Sasuke grabbed Naruto's shoulders, who, in turn, grabbed Sasuke's wrists.

"Go home? You'll leave me?" Naruto frowned.

"Why are you acting like that?!" Sasuke cringed a little and Naruto laughed.

"Fine," He sat up. "Will you stay with me if I answer your questions?" Naruto asked.

Sasuke hesitated. "Will you really answer my questions?"

"Yes, if you call me Kyu. Or sweetie. Or-"

"Shut up!" Sasuke couldn't believe this man. What an absurd man. He hated him. Yes. Sasuke hated Naruto.

"Alright, alright. But we better get a move on," Naruto stood up and held his hand out.

Sasuke reluctantly took his hand and got up. "Where are we going again?"

"The Land of Wind," Naruto didn't let go of Sasuke's hand, instead he intertwined their fingers as he began walking.

Sasuke's face heated up and he yanked his hand away, jumping into the trees. Naruto followed.

"Aww, are you flustered?" Naruto teased.

"Shut up! Why did you leave?" Sasuke quickly changed the subject.

Naruto hummed. "Why would I stay?"

"Don't answer my question with a question," Sasuke tsked.

"If you call me s-"

"No!" Sasuke jumped ahead of him, and Naruto laughed.

"Waaait ~! You don't even know where we're going !" Naruto caught up with Sasuke, snickering.

Sasuke grit his teeth and tried to jump ahead of Naruto, but the fugitive was too fast to be left behind.

"Are we being followed?" Sasuke asked.

"Took you long enough to notice, my dear duckbutt. Not exactly followed but, if you kill a couple of ANBU while in custody, there's bound to be a search party after you," Naruto shrugged.

"Why did you have to drag me into this?" Sasuke asked.

"Well, I couldn't just leave you behind," Naruto hummed as he slipped his hand into Sasuke's, who yanked his hand away. "Damn, how rude .."

"Why couldn't you leave me behind?" Sasuke refused to even look at Naruto as they traveled.

"Because you're mine, duh," Naruto answered, causing Sasuke's face to heat up once again.

"I never agreed to that!" Sasuke tried to run from Naruto once more.

"Yes, you did. I'm sure you don't just kiss anyone back," Naruto teased, grabbing Sasuke's waist and pulling him back. "Would you really let a fugitive, a murderer like me, into your room in the late hours of the night? You even hid me from threats, Sasuke. How could you not be mine?" He whispered.

"S-stop !" Sasuke tried to push Naruto away.

"You don't believe me? Shall I show you my devotion?" Naruto asked and Sasuke nearly screamed.

"No!" Sasuke covered Naruto's mouth, attempting to push him away. He wished he had his equipment on him, but then again, he probably couldn't win against Naruto.

Naruto let Sasuke go and laughed. "Oh, Kami .. you're so cute, Sasuke. I could just eat you up,"

"Please stop talking!"