Chapter Seven: Meeting Them

"Can you remember who you were before the world told you who you should be?"
- Charles Bukowski

—————————————————
HAYDEN

I've made it through my first three classes and am now on to the next.

I entered the classroom and took an empty seat in the back.

I watched as more students filled the room when two people in particular caught my attention.

When they entered the girl was doing something on her phone that wasn't what caught my attention though. What did was the guy's eyes landing on me before narrowing slightly. Then he was nugging her and she looked up brows coming together slightly.

He glanced at her then back to me and suddenly she was looking at me too.

I grew uncomfortable under their gazes. My eyes darted around the room as my fiddling began.

Why were they staring?

Did I do something wrong?

What were they thinking?

I chewed slightly on the corner of the inside of my mouth, a nervous habit I had since I was young. Sometimes I didn't even know I was doing it.

They turned back to each other at the same time. He raised a brow at her slightly communicating something and a few seconds later she was nodding with a small shrug.

Then they were making their way to me.

They sat to my left as I was sitting at the end of the table.

The girl was sitting closest to me.

"Hi I'm Olivya," she said with a pretty smile. She had black hair and green eyes.

"And I'm Ryder." He leaned forward in his seat to see me and also gave me a pretty smile. He had a dimple on his left cheek. He had light brown eyes and blonde hair.

Their smiles almost had one breaking out on my face.

"I'm Hayden," I said, slightly confused as to why they were talking to me.

"You're new here right?" I nodded.

The teacher started talking, cutting off our small interaction.

Throughout the duration of class they continued to talk and tried to get me to talk too but I only spoke a few words still confused about this whole interaction.

When class was over I got up to leave when they stopped me.

"Hey wait, what do you have after this?"

"Uhh..." I took out my schedule that I got earlier that day and looked it over. "Lunch."

"Great, so do we. Do you want to sit with us?" Ryder asked.

"It's fine I don't want to impose."

"Nonsense, come." Olivya responds, linking her arm with mine and leading the way.

"Nonsense, come. Please." Hayley begged.

"Ley I can't this is supposed to be y'all unofficial first date." I laughed. "You're going to tell her how you feel today. I'm not gonna third wheel."

"Please, I need you there with me. I can't do this without you please." She continued anyway. "We can invite Noah so you won't be third wheeling."

Noah was a friend of ours we met when we first started high school.

"If he says he'll come then fine."

"Thank you." She said and started to text him I assumed.

A few minutes later she looked up, "he said yes." She gave a bright relieved smile.

I rolled my eyes, shaking my head at her with a small smile. "Ok fine now shoo so I can change."

She left the room to let me do that.

I blinked away the tears that came to my eyes and with no other choice but to follow I did.

We entered the lunch room and they made their way to the line. I told them I wasn't really hungry and stepped to the side to wait for them.

I didn't have to wait too long before they were leading us to their table.

I was surprised to find Kai and Damon there. The girl I saw Kai with earlier was there as well.

Damon had dark hair and a tan tone to him that went well with his deep blue eyes.

"Hey so this is Hayden she's gonna sit with us. If that's no problem." Olivya quickly added at the end glancing at Kai.

He nodded and they went on to sit down before I did.

I ended up sitting between Kai and Ryder.

"That's Zara," Ryder introduced. I nodded and glanced at her but her eyes remained on the table.

"So when did you move here?" Olivya asked.

"Over the summer."

"Why'd you move?" Ryder asked in turn.

I shrugged and answered vaguely. "Just because."

I couldn't quite say it was basically because I killed my sister.

Thankfully they didn't push it and started up a conversation with each other.

Surprisingly I found myself smiling at their banter.

Lunch was over soon and I was onto my next class.

Two more to go and I'll have made it through the day.

—————————————————

A/N: I decided to add titles to the chapters.

Also this is kinda short but I wanted to end the chapter here.