Chapter Ten: M̶e̶m̶o̶r̶y̶, D̶r̶e̶a̶m̶, Nightmare

"Now, I am stuck between my anger and the blame that I can't face"
- Stick Season, Noah Kahan

—————————————————
HAYDEN

I almost made it through another day of school.

It's been a week since school started and now today is the start of another one.

I've grown a little more comfortable with Kai and his friends. They were all really nice and made me feel welcomed.

Though today none of them seemed to show.

It was nerve racking to know I'd really have to tackle today alone.

I knew none of them really cared but I couldn't stop myself from feeling less lonely with them.

I was in the cafeteria sitting at their table alone. I had music playing in my ears as my head laid on the table.

Slowly and without even realizing it, sleep consumed me and I wasn't in reality anymore just a memory in a dream,

Or maybe it was a nightmare.

"I tell you all the time Heaven is a place on Earth with you. Tell me all the things you wanna do. I heard that you like the bad girls, honey. Is that true?" 

I was driving our car as my sister and I sang to the music on the radio.

I pulled into the drive through of KFC and we ordered before I parked in the parking lot so we could eat and talk.

We did this often and I always loved these moments.

"I'm thinking about quitting my job," she mentioned randomly.

"Ok have fun being broke." I responded.

"I will because you're gonna pay for my things right babe?" She said, a joking smile playing on her lips.

"Who?" I looked around the car which was empty besides the two of us.

"You. You could be my sugar daddy." She continued as a laugh escaped.

"Bitch Im broke myself and you want me to pay for your shít?" I laughed.

"Yes bitch." She rolled her eyes, brown ones just like mine just like everything else we shared though she still somehow looked prettier than me.

"Naw but seriously i kinda just want a change plus I never really liked my job."

"My place is hiring if you want to work with me?"

"Really?" I nodded. "I'd like that." She gave me a beautiful smile.

We continued eating before she gasped out of nowhere and I looked at her out of the corner of my eye. "I just remembered I wanted to ask what's going on with you and Noah?"

"Nothing," I stated, as a blush came to my face.

We'd been hanging out more ever since he found out that Hayley and Arella got together.

I like him but I don't want to because I know he'll never look at me like that.

Another gasp. "You like him," she stretched the word 'like'. "I knew it! Y'all would be so cute and he likes you too I can tell."

I rolled my eyes. "No he doesn't and I don't even like him."

"You lier." She narrowed her eyes. "Admit it."