7

"Oh I missed you guys so much!" Imelda ran up to us in the common room and gave each of us a hug. She gave Ominus a kiss and then held his hand while they both faced Sebastian and I.

"Did you have fun with your parents?"

"I did! They really want to meet Ominus though. This mysterious boy that has their daughters heart."

"I mean that would make sense after all." Imelda gave me a smile and then looked to Ominus.

"I know we all just got reunited, but it is very late. (Y/n) and I should be heading to bed. We can do the rest of catching up tomorrow at breakfast." She released Ominus' hand and grabbed mine.  I waved to Sebastian and Ominus as Imelda guided us to our room.

We both started putting on our pajamas and Imelda was braiding her hair. I sat down on my bed looking at my thestral necklace.

"Imelda... can I tell you something? and you have to promise me you won't tell Ominus."

"Of course, what is it?" She walked over and sat down next to me while still braiding her hair. I let the silver pendant drop back down onto my chest, but couldn't take my eyes off of it. Imelda noticed and put one of her hands on mine. "He really did get you the perfect present. Ominus told me about what had happened, to the thestral-"

"Sebastian and I kissed." I met her eyes and her jaw was dropped.

"You're joking with me aren't you."

"No. I'm not. We kissed. Well... twice. It happened twice."

"What the hell happened while I was gone?! Where was Ominus?!"

"He was sleeping, eh, none of that matters."

"So... what does this mean?"

"I don't know. We continued like nothing happened, but I don't know. I catch him looking at me and smiling all the time now. I find myself doing the same."

"Are you guys dating now?"

"We haven't talked about it. We are just carrying on like it didn't happen."

"Well, I believe you two should talk about it. Why not in the undercroft after classes tomorrow."

"I don't know. Wouldn't that just make things awkward between us?"

"And the kiss didn't?"

"Not really... no."

"You two are ridiculous. Come on, let's go to bed." She stood up and finished her second braid. We both got under our blankets and went to bed.

I rushed through the halls as I was going to be late for potions class. I had spent just a little to much time with the thestrals and lost track of time. Thank Merlin for Deek, as he reminded me of the time, otherwise I would have spent all day with them. I rushed in and took my seat next to Sebastian and Ominus and laid my books down on my station. Not ten seconds later and Professor Sharp came in and started class.

I was working on my potion and reading the recipe when a little paper bird floated onto my book. I looked around the room and Garreth was looking straight at me. I looked back and grabbed the note opening it. 

'I know you already declined, but I must ask again. Will you please accompany me to the Three Broomsticks, tonight, for some butterbeer. Seven, after dinner.'

I crumbled the note in my hand and looked directly at him. While making eye contact I lifted my hand had tossed it into my cauldron, which then immediately made a small explosion, nothing big enough to cause any harm. Just destroy the note. I turned back around and started my potion again, now that it was messed up. Sebastian leaned over to me and Imelda was staring straight at me.