Two

T W O

.....

Many thoughts were racing through my mind. The trainers were speaking nonstop about one thing or the other, but I couldn't care less because I didn't want to be out there in the first place. 

Honestly, it doesn't feel good when you don't fall into the normal category.

I wiped the sweat from my forehead and  yawned.

"Apart from the work out, you should also follow a strict diet plan," Christine spoke.

I shook my head.

I knew I'd emerge as a failure because I ate whatever and whenever I wanted. Following a diet plan didn't seem like a good idea to me because food was something that I could never resist. We had a magnet and iron kind of relationship with food being the magnet. It's really difficult to change your old habits.

Olive nudged my arm.

"What are you thinking, my Shrek?" she chuckled.

Why would she call me Shrek? Did I look like him? Should I feel offended or should I let it go?

"About you, my lovely Fiona," I smiled.

 She winked. "Ooh, I feel so horny now."

"When do you not feel horny?" I snickered.

Shortly later, Christine finished her speech on eating healthy food, which I assumed nobody had paid attention to. 

I hated being pushed to do things. When it came to food, I had never restricted my freedom to eat anything. I never cared about the calories; I only cared about the taste.

"I'm very sorry for being late!"

All of us turned our heads in the other direction. 

My eyes landed on a boy running towards us. When he reached the trainers, he stopped and breathed heavily, placing his hands on his knees. Taking in his appearance, he too seemed a trainer, because he was wearing a navy blue and red tracksuit. 

"Thanks for bringing me here," Olive giggled.

He definitely was the cutest one out there, probably of my age group. 

I ran my fingers through my hair to check if everything was all right. The guy stood straight, placing his hands on his waist. He smiled at all of us and I got butterflies in my stomach. Well, my large size had at least one benefit:I had a chance of him seeing me distinctively. 

A few girls around me sighed, whispering how cute he was.

"It's okay, but don't be late again. Guys, this is Jesse Stiller, a part of our group," Mark, our trainer said.

I saw a large fly circling around my face and its buzzing sound annoyed me. I tried to shoo it away, but it was one hell of a stubborn fly. It kept on buzzing in my ear and my blood boiled.

"Why don't you just get out of here!" I yelled.

Uh, oh.

All eyes immediately turned on me and I blushed to death. My cheeks were on fire as people gave me dirty looks. The fly was now nowhere in my sight. 

At that very moment, I wished I could dig a big hole in the ground and bury myself. The trainers gave me a disapproving look, slightly shaking their heads. I looked at Jesse and his mouth twitched.

"Looks like someone is in a huge trouble," Olive murmured.

I shot her a glare.

"I'm sorry. I-I didn't mean to insult anyone-"

Before I could speak any further, everyone started laughing at me, including Olive. I dropped my eyes in embarrassment. I felt like crying, but I couldn't. Fixating my eyes on the moist grass, I bit my bottom lip. 

I felt like such a stupid person!

"Quiet! Let's start our day with a warming up session, okay," Christine said sternly.

I took a deep breath and hoped everyone would forget the incident soon. 

"We'll do ten exercises, forty seconds each, without any break," someone said aloud.

"Let's start with cross toe touches. Reach down to touch the toes of your foot with the opposite hand."

I just wanted to run away, but it would've caused me more embarrassment, so I tried to divert my attention by following the instructions. I bent down, but my belly was proving to be a hurdle. I could barely reach down to my ankles, let alone touch my toes. 

However, you can always find shortcuts and I found mine. Bending my knees, I touched my toes. I did the cross toe touches three times in the same manner.

When I was about to touch my toes for the fourth time, I saw someone's sports shoes. Cursing under my breath, I stood straight. I couldn't guess that trainer's name; there were just too many of them. 

He crossed his arms, staring at me.

"Is something wrong?" I shrugged.

"You're not doing it properly."

"I think I'm doing it great."

"Don't bend your knees. Keep them straight, okay," he said, patting my shoulder.

After that, we did front kicks. Kicking high in front of my body, I took out my frustration.

It had barely been ten minutes and I began sweating profusely. My heartbeat was increasing with time and I could hear it in my ears as well. My breathing became irregular and the exertions had left me feeling exhausted. 

I didn't talk to Olive for all that while because I was mad at her for laughing at me. Out of all the people, I expected her not to make fun of me.

"Lizzie, how long will you keep quiet?" she asked, giving me an apologetic look.

"Don't talk to me, I'm mad at you." I frowned.

"I'm sorry, Liz." 

"There was a fly, okay. I couldn't help it."

"See, the fly too knows how sweet you're," she grinned.

I chuckled.

"By the way, how did exercising feel?" she asked, wrapping an arm around my shoulders.

"I feel tired."

"It's too early to feel tired," she sniffed.

I hated it when she was right. I couldn't get tired just yet, after all, it was just a little warm up session.

Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Jesse, drinking water. His face glistened as beads of sweat trickled down his forehead. I smiled to myself as I stared at him.

 I suppressed a nervous giggle, not wanting to give Olive the wrong idea. She would've teased me forever, if I had acted like a preteen.

"He's not bad. What do you think?" she smirked.

"Hmm, he's okay."

"He's okay!" she mocked.

I raised my eyebrows at her.

In return, she cocked an eye at me.

"Fine, I find him cute, but-"

"But what, Shrek?"

"Look, first of all, stop calling me that and to answer your question, he and I are entirely different. He wouldn't even talk to me," I sighed.

If Jesse and I stood together, we would look like a perfect ten. He was like a hockey stick and I was like a football. I even doubted he would become friends with me. 

In my school too, I had no good male friends. Boys used to find me uncool, perhaps because of my shape and size. It definitely hurts when the nobody pays much attention to you.

.....

Hey, I hope you liked this chapter. Any thoughts? Suggestions? I'd love to hear from you guys.

Thank you! ^_^