Where It Began? Part 1

Megan POV ~

May 5th, 2020

Sunday Afternoon

New York, New York

9:00am

I got up this morning smelling sausage, bacon, and pancakes. I turned over and Mani fell off my chest on the bed. I stood up and stretched. I walked to the bathroom and used the bathroom. I washed my hands and began my hygiene. I walked out of our room in some shorts and a white T - shirt and some white slippers. I walked to the kitchen and seen Monica.

" Good morning." I said yawning.

" Morning. I see you are still tired. Try to not kill my daughter next time." Monica said

" Wait, I thought that wasn't real. You really said that?" I was shocked and laughed.

" Yeah I said that and I heard everything. I thought yall were fighting at first until I heard her call you 'daddy'. What were you trying to do? kill her?" Monica said

" I wasn't trying to kill. I was killing something though." I said and mumbled the last part.

" Next time go to a hotel or send us to one." Monica said and I laughed.

" So where's the kids?" I asked

" I sent Nicki and Prince on a run to the store to grab juice for a special drink for all of us this morning. And the baby is still asleep. Where is my child?" Monica asked.

" In the room sleep. She probably will have a hangover, we were really drunk." I said and she laughed.

" You know I love to see you all love each other and I love you all's relationship. It makes me proud and the kids you all are raising is amazing. I can tell you all are great mothers. I just have one question, Are you all truly ok? The way Normani apologized and the anger yesterday was questionable." Monica said

" Well imma keep it real with you Monica, me and mani really just got back on good terms. Prior to you coming we were separated for a while because she thought I was cheating on her and I wasn't. Nicki was originally her student and I was her mentor and some stuff happened with her parents and they were abusive and when she came to me, All I wanted to do was protect her. So I put her in a hotel to hide and protect her and start the process of adoption but since it was a case I started it could be told to anyone. So I was hiding her from Mani until I could tell her. She thought I was cheating because I would come home late and my location was always off. That was because I would cook and help Nicki with work and I didn't need her popping up doing some crazy stuff about a situation she legally couldn't know about. When we had our big argument and she kicked me out she yelled and scared Prince and they've been working things out but he still has a cold shoulder to her. He is scared that it's going to happen again and she feels like he was wrong for bothering her and he wasn't. I didn't like him being disrespectful so I tried to handle it the best I could." I said and she nodded.

" You think I could talk to them and help? I wanna try, I wanna help." Monica said

" There's not much you can help with but you can try." I said

" Well I don't want you all to be going through issues and feel they can't be solved because they can. I'm a therapist, you know. With me not knowing me much it can help him open up some." Monica said.

" You can try Monica. And a new thing I learned about you. If you want to start working the school needs a counselor and you could possibly help there too." I said

" I would love to. Just let me know what needs to be done." Monica said and I nodded. I heard the door open and loudly talking, Then Prince ran in and jumped on me.