Chapter 1: Nathan

The day was bad. Yes, it was sunny, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky, but the white haired boy was in no mood for being happy. As much as he hated it, Nathan had no choice but to go on for the day. His day hadn't started off well. He trudged through the already empty halls and into his next class.

     Nathan plopped down into History class, and did the same routine. He was just answering the "Do Now" question in his notebook when Orion smacked him on the back. 

     "How you doing, my friend?" Orion grinned as usual. 

     "Not very good. My life today sucks."  There was no point trying to lie to Orion. Nathan was pretty sure his face expression said, I'm not happy. So, it was very obvious.

     Orion patted him on the back. "Don't worry. After today, the weekend arrives, and we can take a break from history. Look on the bright side, we also have lunch after History! Isn't that great?"

     Nathan just grunted and set his forehead on his desk. How did Orion always stay in his cheerful, easygoing mood? 

     "Oop, here comes your girlfriend!" Orion nudged him, snapping Nathan out of his thoughts.

     "Tefuel. Is. Not. My. Girlfriend." Nathan grumbled through gritted teeth.

     Tefuel sat down beside Nathan. Instead of her usual, happy, adorable and calm face, she was looking rather worried.

     "What's wrong? Did Vlad decide to switch to bullying you? Oh my gosh, I'm gonna crush that guy!" Nathan swore to himself that one day he would throw that red-tomato haired boy out of the window and knock him to the next century.

     "N-No, Vlad isn't the problem...I was walking through the hall when I heard a teacher from the Teacher's Lounge saying something to another." Tefuel fidgeted the edge of her uniform's skirt. 

     "What happened? Was there an accident?" Orion frowned. "Nah, there couldn't be. Daemon would make sure nothing in the school could harm or cause a bad accident, right? Apart from Fighting Class, that is."

     Orion had a point. It couldn't be an accident. Daemon, who was the head of the school,  the owner, and principal, always made sure the students felt and were safe. Nathan pondered this for a moment.

     "I'm with Orion," Nathan agreed. "Daemon would never get a student hurt. And, that dude has  healing powers."

     Orion looked confused. "He does? Since when? Doesn't he only have telekinesis?" 

     Nathan shook his head. "Since forever. Turns out he has another power."

     "But guys, that's not the ca—" Tefuel was cut off.

     "Oh, maybe a student got expelled. I hope it was Vlad!" Orion pumped his fist. "Serves him right for bullying everyone in the school."

     "I hope so too." Nathan nodded. Apart from the treacherous torture of school, Vlad was the other problem to worry about. He was the king bully of the school. Nathan wouldn't be surprised if Vlad won the award for being the "Meanest Bully in the Galaxy."

     "Guys—"

     Nathan cut in. "Or, the teachers are planning another horrible school wide lesson! Oh no, please don't be that, or else I'm gonna—"

     "Guys! Just pause for one second! Oh, for gods' sake, no, it's none of that! It's not even related to school! It was about...about..." Tefuel trailed off.

     "What was it about?" Nathan felt guilty for cutting Tefuel off. He had an sudden urge to hug her, but resisted.

     "It...it was about..." Tefuel took a deep breath. "The teacher was talking about another battle, this time, in the Fields of the Gods. The...the gods' conflicts are getting worse."