iPromiseNotToTell

One morning, Spencer sat on his chair, putting together a new lamp that was supposed to turn on whenever someone said the word "Lamp".

"Lamp," Spencer said. But the lightbulb failed to light up. "Lamp." He then grabbed the unfinished lamp and held it close to his face. "Lamp." Just then, Carly leaned close to her brother with a playful smile on her face.

"I think it knows it's a lamp," she said.

"No," Spencer explained, "I want it to turn on. Lamp!" He then sighed in disappointment before setting the lamp back down and turning to his sister. "Do you need a ride to school?"

"No," Carly answered as she held some pieces of paper stapled together in her hands, "Tommy's mom's gonna drive us. And look what I'm gonna hand in today."

"You finished your history report?" Spencer asked as he looked at the paper in his sister's hand.

"No, I finished the greatest history report in the history of history reports."

"Nice. So what's it..." Spencer said as he reached for the assignment.

"DON'T TOUCH IT!!!" Carly shouted, causing Spencer to pull his hand away and squeak in fear. "Sorry, I just have to keep this report looking absolutely perfect. I've never worked harder on anything in my life. And guess what?"

"What?" Spencer asked as he turned to face his lamp and back at his sister. "Lamp. What?"

"If I get an A on this, that means I'll get an A for the semester, which means I'll have straight A's on my report card for the first time ever!"

"I'm very proud of you. Lamp!" Still nothing from Spencer's lamp. "Why won't it work?"

"Let me see the instructions," Carly insisted.

"Good luck," Spencer said, holding up the paper, "they're in Japanese."

"Oh, well, did you try saying 'lamp' in Japanese?"

"I did not. What's the Japanese word for 'lamp'?" Carly then looked at the instructions to try and find it.

"Looks like 'ranpu'," she answered.

"Okay. Ranpu." Still nothing. Shrugging, Spencer sat down as he faced the lamp. "Ranpu. Ranpu!" Just then, the light bulb turned on.

"Hey!" Carly said.

"It works," Spencer said in shock.

"Yeah, you just gotta say it like a really angry Japanese man."

"Ranpu!" Spencer shouted as the light turned off. "Come try." Carly then sat down with her brother as she looked at the lamp.

"Ranpu!" she said, causing the light to light up.

"Ranpu!" Spencer shouted, the light turning off.

"Ranpu!" The light turned on again.

"Ranpu!"

"Ranpu!" As the Shay siblings continued to play with their new toy, Freddie and Tommy walked in to get Carly, but got ultimately confused when they saw what she and Spencer were doing. Shrugging at each other, they slowly closed the door.

iCarly.com

The next day, Carly sat in her history class as Mr. Devlin went on to speak quickly on that day's history lesson as Carly struggled to write her notes to keep up with the teacher.

"And subsequently this was interpreted as a violation of their rights to freedom of religious expression as granted in the Letter of Majesty issued by Emperor Rudolf II in 1609," Mr. Devlin said. Carly then erased her notes as she raised her hand.