Chapter 15

Jennie's POV

Lisa was stroking my cheek as she wipe my tears away, her stare is melting me completely and she was adorable the way her eyes scan my face. My heart beats faster when my eyes fall on her plump pinky lips, although I never kiss anyone I wanna do it with her. I'm leaning in closer to her face and she was doing the same but she quickly step backwards when someone interrupted us.

"We're home!!!!" Chaeng happily shouted.

I'm like glued to the floor since I'm not moving, I glance at Lisa who's now a few inches away from me acting like nothing happened. I wanted to say thank you but I'm unable to open my mouth to utter the words.

"Jennie?"

"I'm h-here a-at the k-kitchen.."

Jisoo and Chaeng entered the kitchen with a warm smile then they notice Lisa. They have a puzzled look and they're eyeing us both.

"G-Goodevening" I went to them and gave them a gentle kiss from the cheek.

Chaeng must have notice my nervousness because I keep on fidgeting my fingers.

"Did something happened here?"

"Nothing" Lisa replied shortly.

She eyed Lisa suspiciously, I gave her a liptight smile but she notice my cheek.

"What happened to your cheek Jen?!? Did you fucking hurt her??? The fuck Lisa!" she slash out.

"S-She d-didn't.." I hold Chaeng's hand.

"Jennie be honest okay? Did she do this to you?"

"U-Unnie s-she d-didn't..."

"Jen don't be scared. Tell me"

Lisa scoff "You really think I'm that bad isn't it Chaeng? Fuck"

"You're so ridiculous Lisa why would you hurt the girl!"

"I saved her okay?!? That motherfucking servant did that to her! This is bullshit!"

"U-Unnie she's telling the truth, Lisa save me"

Chaeng heaved a sigh "Fuck. I'm sorry Lisa, I thought you're the bad guy here"

"Its nothing. Talk to her for being dumb and stupid, I wonder how her parents raise her to be this naïve"

"Lisa"

"What? You're going to preach me again? I'm tired. Goodnight"

"H-How about i-if y-you eat dinner first?"

"I'm not hungry"

"B-But.."

I stop when she gave me that annoyed look, I look down my feet to avoid her stare at me. At my peripheral vision I saw her walk out from the kitchen leaving the three of us.

"I'll just bring the food later on her room. Let's eat. Shall we?"

I know Chaeng was trying to cheer me up but my heart tells a different feeling- pain. All the pain that fades was coming back to life and begins haunting me again. Irene.....Lisa....they're reminding me of where I came from. The violence I thought I already forget was just around the back of my mind waiting for their cue to pop out, then I have to deal with it. It's like a never ending battle.

"Jennie...Jennie look at me. It's okay now"

I didn't know that I'm already spacing out and crying infront of Chaeng. She was an angel.

"S-Sorry"

"You don't have to be sorry. You didn't do anything wrong"

"If I only didn't ask Lisa for help you don't have to deal with me. I won't be a problem to her. I'm so dumb!" I hit my head using my hand but Chaeng hug me tight.

"Jennie don't blame yourself" she cup my cheeks "The angels let us meet. Don't think about Lisa, Jisoo and I will be the one taking care of you"

"Chaeng's right. We will take care of you like our own little sister. Feel free to tell us your troubles" Jisoo said with a smile.

"Who did this to you? Would you mind to tell me?" Chaeng softly ask.

"I-Irene..."

"That fucking green tea bitch! I knew from the very start she's a wolf in a sheep's clothing. No wonder why my blood boils everytime she's around!"

"Fact. She's also creepy. She keeps on getting close to Lisa"

"S-She likes Lisa. That's why she hurt me. She thought I'm seducing her which is not"

"Fucking bitch. Enough with her, anyway what did Lisa do when she saw it?"

I suddenly feel flustered when the moment a while ago flash on my mind.

"She confronted Irene...a-and told her she won't ever find a job again"

"She said that?" Jisoo was surprised.

"Yeah"

The two exchange look at each other, I didn't know what's running inside their head. I signal them that we should eat dinner already before the food gets cold. We ate and catch up some few talks then after the dinner we all went inside our rooms, I glance at Lisa's door which I pass by before mine. Maybe she didn't really want to eat dinner since Chaeng went back with the tray of untouched food when she went to convince her a while ago.

I shower first before getting ready for bed, but the vivid memory of what happened was still lingering inside my head. It was keeping me awake. Then my eyelids droop and darkness consumed me.

"Jennie, you must run. We don't have enough time, I'm going to distract them okay? Don't look back" Nancy said while catching her breath since we were running from those goons.

"U-Unnie....it's not too late to change your mind. Come with me please"

"Jennie we talk about this. I'm not going anywhere. This is where I belong"

I cried harder "P-Please..."

"Find them! What the fuck are you waiting for huh?!? Motherfucking shit!"

My whole body trembled as I heard that voice, Nancy nod at me. I watch her go out showing herself fully on the guys chasing us, I crawled away slowly then I was about to run when I look back at Nancy. There I saw how gruesome it is to see your new friend being shot by a gun mercilessly right through her head. She fell down on the floor, face is full of blood then her eyes were open. I'm lost of words as I watch her lifeless body.

"Hey bitch!" the guy point his gun on me and pulled the trigger.

I jolt in my bed. It was a dream. Fuck. My thoughts run wildly and I couldn't find myself getting back to sleep sooner. I feel empty and I'm scared to be alone, I stood up and went to Lisa's room. The door wasn't lock when I opened it, she was peacefully sleeping on her bed and it looks comfy to be beside her. Although she will hate me once she open her eyes in the morning I don't care. Tonight, I felt her warmth as I wrap my hands on her waist. One thing that I realize today was- Lisa has a little care for me. I saw that in her eyes when we were about to kiss. If I'm not delusional. I wonder if she was really about to kiss me or it was only my imagination but I hope it wasn't.