Chapter 2: Conditions

Haider

I open the door to my room, to be welcomed by rose petals and candles taunting me of my new life. I pull the bedsheet of my bed in frustration, scattering the rose petals across the floor. Three days ago, I never imagined I would get married, certainly not in this circumstance.

My father had left me no choice but to accept this marriage. He used his only leverage over me, our tech company. He refused to allow me to run the tech company that was under his name if I was not settled. As a father, I can understand he wants to see me settled in my life, but this is not what I wanted. When my mother left my father for another man, I had decided I never wanted to get married and see the same fate as my father. I had seen his longing for my mother, I did not want the same life.

My father believed otherwise, he used the only thing I was passionate about to convince me of his choices. I wasn't about to let go of the company for a stupid marriage. Three days ago, when I agreed to get married, I put forth a condition that we will live separately, and he will have no interference with my married life. With much reluctance, he agreed and informed me that he has chosen a girl for me to marry. He said it was childhood's friend's daughter. Ayat Qureshi.

When I had agreed to this marriage, I had already decided I wasn't going to accept her as my wife, so it didn't matter who the girl was. I was going to provide her room in my penthouse and look after her expenses as long as she doesn't interfere in my life. Beyond a responsibility, I had nothing to do with her and it was going to stay that way.

I was sure the girl would have no problem with the arrangement I have planned. Seeing that she agreed to marry a man she has never met, she was probably a gold digger who agreed due to my status and net worth. At the end, she was getting the better end of the deal, a sponsored luxurious lifestyle, whereas I have to put up with her in order to inherit the company.

At the nikkah ceremony, I had met her father and cousin. I even greeted her father by touching his feet, after all I had to play my part in pretending to accept this marriage. I still hadn't seen my bride's face, nor was I interested. What did interest me was when this function ended, and I could move ahead with my arrangement. From tomorrow, my life will be back to normal.

Once the ceremony ended, I went to send off my father and sister and then made my way towards my room. I knew my sister had taken her up to my room, and I was about to make her leave that room.

Once I opened the door, she was glancing around the room. As soon as she registered my presence, she was startled and rushed to cover her face, but I already got a glimpse of her face. She was mesmerising, her features were enticing yet innocent. She was an angel that has been sent from heaven. She looked quite young, around 23-24, I guess. The only thing I knew about this girl that was supposedly my wife was her name. It didn't really matter how innocent or enticing she looked as I am not planning to look at her again.

I offered her my hand to help her off my bed, and she accepted by holding my rough hands with her soft ones. Once she stood up, I could see how short she was, her head barely reach my chest. I gently pulled her towards the room I prepared for her and left her hand once we got to the room, leaving my hand empty once again. Surprisingly, I liked the feeling of her tiny hand in my large one. I said my words and left without letting her say a word.

After blowing out the candles, I released a sigh of exhaustion and lied on my bed. I close my eyes to relax, and my wife's face flashes before my face.

"Ayat, Ayat Qureshi" I whisper before drifting off to sleep.

*********************************************************************

Did you guys like the second chapter?

Please vote for my story if you enjoyed :)

Thanks for reading 🤍