Chapter 6: New Job

Hello Readers,

I have decided to split my previous chapter into two, just so the story flows a bit better.

So don't be confused about the new update :)

If you like my story, please vote for my story and follow my account.

Thank you all for reading my story🤍

*********************************************************************

Third Person POV

As Ayat was leaving, Humza Khan had seen her with Asad. He was wondering what his daughter-in-law was doing at the office. He knew that she wasn't here to visit Haider as he had gone on a business trip two days ago and he wouldn't be returning until tomorrow. He had called Asad to his cabin to find out what she was doing here.

When Asad reached the cabin, Humza asked about the girl who was with him. Asad explained that she was here for an interview for the role of a receptionist. Humza asked about how the interview went, and Asad him informed that the interview went really well, and he was going to email her tomorrow to offer her the job.

Humza had a look at Ayat's CV, although she hadn't completed her studies, she had enough qualifications to be more than a receptionist. Using this to his advantage, Humza instructed Asad to hire her as Haider's PA rather than a receptionist and specified that his name should not be mentioned to her.

Haider's previous PA had quit his job due to the nature of Haider. Haider was a perfectionist when it came to his work, he had no tolerance for those who made the same mistake twice. The previous PA had printed out the wrong files for a meeting, and this was embarrassing for Haider. He had rebuked the PA publicly in the office for his mistake, and the PA took the easy decision to leave.

Ayat

Ring Ring!

It was early in the morning and my phone was ringing, I was wondering what random number was calling me this early. I pick up the phone and held it to my ear.

"Hello, is this Ayat Qureshi?" the voice came through the phone.

"Hello, Ayat speaking, who are you?" I responded to the caller.

"Hi, I am Asad from Khan Technologies".

I realised that it's the guy who took my interview yesterday.

"I am sorry to inform you that the vacancy for the receptionist post is no longer available".

This where my heart started to sink, I had thought the interview had gone so well and here I was being told I didn't get the job.

"However, as we really liked your interview, we reviewed your CV and looking at your qualifications, we are happy to offer you a job as a Personal Assistant".

My heartbeat picked up the pace hearing this new information. I was so excited I almost forgot to respond.

"Hello Asad, thank you offering me the job of PA, I would like to accept the job offer".

"Okay then, I will email you a document that entails all the information about the job role. When would you be able to join this post?".

"Thank you, I will be able to join this post immediately."

"Okay, you can start officially on Monday, will you be able to come in today to complete some paperwork?".

"Yes, I will be able to come in at 2pm today if that is alright?"

"Yes, that's perfect, just ask for me at the reception once you reach there and make sure to read the document before you come."

"Yes, for sure. Thank you"

"See you soon".

The second the call ended; I was jumping around my room in joy. I was so excited that I had got a job offer from them. I was disheartened when he said the vacancy for the receptionist role was no longer available, but I couldn't contain my happiness when he offered me the job as a Personal Assistant.

After dancing around my room and the kitchen, I looked at my wrist and saw the clock struck twelve. I realised I had to start getting ready to go to the office. I rushed to my room and began to get ready. Once I was ready, I left to go to the office.

Once I reached the office, I asked for Asad as I was instructed. The receptionist called him and within five minute he was there. He took me through the paperwork and explained what my job mainly consists of. He mentioned that I could be required to do other things as well but that was dependent on the boss. He also wished me luck for the job, as he explained why the previous PA left. After he saw my face drop, he tried to reassure me if I put in the hard-work, I will not face the same fate, but the damage was done. I had got the job, but maybe keeping the job would not be that easy.

Asad informed that the boss was in today, and because I am at the office, I should meet him before I officially start in order to leave a good impression. Agreeing with his idea of leaving a good impression, I followed him to the boss's cabin. Upon reaching cabin, I noticed the door had HK written on it.

Asad knocked on the door and a deep voice responded from the other side.

"Come in".

Asad walked in and I was standing behind him. I could already feel the aura of this man, before I even saw his face.

"Good afternoon Sir, this is Ayat, she has been hired as your new PA" Asad said whilst stepping aside motioning his hands towards me.

"Good Afternoon" I said meekly, my voice barely leaving my throat.

I looked at my new boss, he looked like he was around mid-thirties if I had to guess. He had a fairly large structure, but I guess compared to me, pretty much anyone has a larger body structure. A stubble adorned his handsome face, and his brown eyes only enhanced it.

"Astaghfirullah, I should not be checking out my boss, I am married even if it is only namesake" I scolded myself in head whilst lowering my gaze.

After getting myself back together, I look up to see him looking at me with shock visible in his eyes, but why was he shocked to see me. Am I thinking too much? I look at him again and he has regained his composure. He nodded his head towards Asad, and this was cue for both of us to leave his office. Instead of leaving a good impression, I think I might have unknowingly done the opposite.

After we left the corridor to his cabin, I asked Asad about his weird behaviour.

"Why did he look shocked when we entered his cabin?"

"I don't think he knew that we had hired a new PA for him, he was on a business trip for the past few days, so maybe that is why" Asad assumed. "And as for the silence, he is mostly like that, he only converses in conversation as much is necessary."

"Oh, that is probably why he looked shocked, he wasn't expecting to see us" I said as I reassured myself. "Okay, I'll take your leave now Bye".

"Bye, see you on Monday".

I left the office and headed home for my weekend and to celebrate my new job.

*********************************************************************

How is Chapter 6 of the story?

Do you think this will cause more misunderstanding between Haider and Ayat?

If you like the story, please vote and follow

Thank you for reading my story🤍