Chapter 8: First Day

Hello Readers,

I am finally able to update my story. I was busy with exams so I was unable to update for a while.

(Please pray that I do well in my exams :) )

So here is the eighth chapter, hope you all like the update :)

Don't forget to vote if you like the chapter 🤍

Please comment down your thoughts.

********************************************************************

Ayat

It's Monday morning, the first day of work at Khan industries as PA. I feel weird sensation in my stomach from both nervousness and excitement. I couldn't even eat breakfast properly because of this feeling and I really do not want to be late to work on first day. I had to leave straight after breakfast to reach the bus station on time.

The office was 10-minute walk from the bus station I got off at. Before entering the office, I look down at my wrist and it was 8:20am. I let out deep breathe of relief as I got here 10 minutes early. I walked down to the reception to report attendance for my first day. When I reached the reception, I saw Asad at the reception.

"Good morning, Ayat".

"Good morning"

"I see you are early" he said looking down at his wrist.

"Well, I wouldn't be late on my first day" I replied smiling.

"Okay, let's get back to work. You will be reporting directly back to the boss. You will be doing whatever work he assigns you. If you have any questions or need help, feel free to ask Rania, she is the manager that works mostly on the same floor as you." Asad informs.

"Okay" I reply taking in all that information.

"Oh Yeah" Asad adds, "Remember to clock in and out with the number I gave you on Friday. You need to clock in when you arrive and clock in and out for your breaks."

"Oh okay, thank you for your help" I said as I was walking to the clocking machines passing a smile.

"My pleasure, I need to back to my department but good luck for your first day." he said with a friendly smile before walking away.

I have clocked in now and my nerves have kicked in again. I realised I have to go see the boss; he seemed quite intimidating when I had met him on Friday. Maybe it was because he did not expect me, so he was a bit shocked. I made my way to the lifts and pressed the level 5 button.

"What should I say?" I was mumbling to myself.

I slowly moved my feet towards his cabin whilst racking my brain on what to say. My brain did not come up with a script, but my feet reached the door to his cabin. I abandoned the idea of forming a script, I closed my eyes and raised my hand to knock on the door.

"Come in" a deep voice said from the other side of the door.

I raised my shaking hand to the handle and opened the door slowly. I made small steps inside the room, still standing by the door. He was sitting at his desk staring ahead at the door, where I am standing. After a minute of awkward silence, I decided to break the atmosphere.

"Good morning Sir, it's my first day as your assistant" I said quietly.

He moved his gaze from me to his watch and back to me again.

"Yes, I am aware" he said in an obvious tone. "You may have got this job, but how long you will have this job will depend on your performance".

What is with the obvious tone, of course he knows, I was just trying to start the conversation seeing that he was silent for a minute. Why do I already feel like this job may not last.