Gem?

No POV

Steven had made it to Y/n's room as soon as possible, ignoring all the nurses and doctors who seemed to attach to him every time he walked past. "Y/n!" He shouts, bursting through the door, making them chuckle at his childish antics.

"You know, if you really wanted to get me out of this hospital bed-" they said, "Then you could ask the nurses for a wheelchair." Stars had appeared in his eyes, and he dashed off to the nearest one, on his knees, begging for a wheelchair.

Y/n laughed the whole time, and eventually, he came back with one waiting for them. They used their arms strength to pull them out of bed and into the wheelchair. Their clothing was a hand-me-down from the last patient. 

Your POV

"We are going shopping!" he declared as he pushed you out of the room. You couldn't say no- he was too overjoyed. You didn't want to remind him that you wouldn't be able to wear any of the pants or any other clothing. It would just be passed down.

He was pushing you down a sidewalk before you knew it, but you were still deep in thought. "The only reason I haven't been adopted and I'm still in the hospital is because of my doctors. They never liked me for wasting their time. I have a disability - they think I'm bad luck. They're glad to be rid of me, that's why they're going to kill me. They don't care." you mutter to yourself, attempting to make the sinking feeling in your stomach go away. It doesn't. Steven hears every word but doesn't react. He didn't want you to know that he knew, he was afraid of a bad reaction.

(I do have to say that this isn't ever going to happen to someone! It's just for the plot, don't worry. No Y/ns were harmed in the making of this story!!)

~ Time Skip ~

You two were at a mall near the hospital picking out clothes.

You were wearing a f/c polo shirt, along with your favorite jacket/hoodie, shoes, and big and baggy jeans. Your hair (if you have any) had a clip that Steven had bought, it was a set. One for you, one for him. It was a small (fake!) gemstone, pinkish white, and you loved it. It looked good on you, and AMAZING on him. It didn't matter what gender you were; you wore it with pride as he pushed you in your wheelchair.

He then pushed you into some sort of coffee shop, where all the girls there were hitting on him. You just sat there, in your wheelchair, jacket/hoodie covering as much as your legs as you could, embarrassed that you couldn't walk like a normal person.

After an hour of endless flirting, the two of you were out of the store, coffee in hand. "Remind me to never go there again." he grumbles, and you laugh, "Noted; Steven doesn't like to go to (whatever name) coffee shop." he pauses and squeaks, "I DIDN'T MEAN IT LIKE THAT!!" 

The wheelchair stopped so abruptly, that you ended up flat-faced on the floor. "Oh my gosh!" he worries, attempting to help you up. You manage to stand on your own, walking back to the wheelchair and sitting in it like it never happened.

"HOLY COW!" you screech, moving your leg, "I CAN MOVE!" Steven echos cheerfully, "You can move!" and you stand up again. You look down to see a rip in your jeans, and you prod at the hole. You see blue, and you move the fabric of the jeans until you see skin.

"Steven?" you ask/whisper, "I think I have a gem." he pauses, looking at you. You show him, and he freaks out. You tell him how you felt a newfound pain in your leg, and that the gem probably healed you.

He set you back in the wheelchair, and he ran (while pushing you) back to the hospital. "NUSE! I WANT Y/N DISPACHED IMMEDIATELY!" he screeched as you held in a giggle from his eagerness. A man in white rushed in, and he frantically shrieked, "Why??" he was obviously freaking out.

"Steven?" you got his attention, "I can still move my legs, but they are numb. I can't feel them. It's all tingly." then he smiles, "They still work! Meaning, I can take you out of this awful place!" the nurse frowned but said nothing. He quickly went through the check-up needed for a dispatch.

"Why is there a gemstone in Y/n's leg?" he asked, but it went unanswered. He didn't seem to mind (or care) as he signed off the reports and dispatch cards. Suddenly, you saw a flash of white light, and it seemed as though you were watching someone- or something.

There were the nurses were all in the break room, talking about the newest person to come to the hospital. "They are nothing but useless... I have to help them into their own clothes! They're five years old for god's sake! Thay should be able to do that themselves by now." one of them grumbled.

"Yeah," another agreed, "We should just kill them off. Of course, we would have to wait till' age 16 before that happened. But we wouldn't get caught." there was a pause among the workers, then a cheer.

Everything went back to normal, and Steven turned a light shade of pink. You could tell he saw exactly what you had seen. The male nurse was shaking in the corner, pretending that it never happened, filling out the sheets for you to leave.

[A/n: Nurses don't act like this irl! This was just for the plot of the story, they're actually really nice (: ]