Injury

Blood and a murderer (Connie)

Your POV

Steven looked at Connie, saying stiffly, "Out." She attempted in protesting, but Steven yelled, "OUT! If you're going to be rude to my lover, then leave!" and she ran out the door crying. Everyone looked at him. He looked at you with pleading eyes.

You could tell exactly what he was asking. He turned back to normal; arms open wide. You ran into them, screaming "YES!" on the top of your lungs. He let go of his suffocating hug and kissed you.

It was small but filled with love and meaning.

You looked up to see Garnet's face which had a priceless smile, Pearl was crying onto Amythyst, who was patting her back. Greg was sniffling, and soon joined Amythyst and Pearl. Connie was still crying outside, watching from the window.

"LEAVE!" you and Steven shouted to her, and you watched her run into town the rest of the way.

"Maybe you should meet Lapis?" he asks absentmindedly, and you giggle and nod. He takes your hand, and you two walk to the warp in hopes of seeing Lapis at the farm. "Lapis! I have someone for you to meet!" Steven calls, and a blue gem with water wings, flies down to you and him.

"This is Y/n! They're a Lapis Diamond hybrid, like you!" Steven introduces, and you stick your hand out. "What can you do?" she asks, and you give her a pained smile, "Everything I do is fueled on my PTSD and Depression." that seemed to win her over, because she said, "Welcome to the club fellow lapis." with a bright smile evident on her face.

Steven's face showed concern, but he didn't say or do anything in fear of triggering something. He had experienced something from the trauma from gem missions and knew what it was like to go through something like that. You assured him that he had helped you with your emotions from the beginning, and he had admitted that you had done the same.

You two ended up flying around beach city, you're carrying Steven because of your diamond strength that Lapis didn't have. You dropped Steven at one point, but he floats, so he assured you that he was okay and that you could just pick him up again.

You and Lapis landed at Fish-Stew-Pizza. No matter how hard Steven tried, you eventually convinced him to buy a bread and sauce pizza, so he would stick by his vegetarian protocols while eating.

The trio didn't seem to notice Connie coming behind them, grabbing you by the wrist and dragging you to the restrooms. (It was a family one, in the middle of girl and boy bathrooms) "What the heck, Connie!" you say, turning to her. "Stay away from my boyfriend." she demands, and you say, "Or what, goanna hit me with that sword?"

The sword that was on her back was now in her hands, "Maybe." you laughed, "I don't know who you think you are, but you're not Steven's girlfriend. He doesn't like snakes." She growled and brought the sword down on your head.

Your ears were ringing, and you head was pounding. You felt nothing. Blood dripped to the floor, an abnormal dark blue oozing from you head as you looked in the bathroom mirror. You laughed, "Did you seriously try to murder me?" it sounded almost inhuman, and it creeped Connie out more than anything.

"DID YOU SURIOUSLY TRY TO KILL ME!?" you yelled at her, crying black tears, the room taking on a dangerous tint that matched it, "I'M A DIAMOND! I CAN'T DIE BY SOME PUNY SWORD!" her eyes looked up at you, filled with large amounts of fear. "DO YOU WANT TO KNOW WHY HE CHOSE ME?!" you screamed at her, she stayed silent.

So, you continued. "HE CHOSE ME BECAUSE I NEVER REJECTED HIM! I NEVER USED HIM! I WAS WITH HIM THE WHOLE TIME! I ACTUALLY UNDERTAND HOW HE FEELS!" you boomed, and Steven was at the door, you two still unaware that you didn't close it correctly, meaning that everyone had seen what happened.

You tears increased as you whispered, loud enough for the whole restaurant to hear, "Did you expect for him to just wait for you?" then, "Why did you say the things you did? I never did anything wrong. I never did anything to hurt you." Connie threw the sword at your stomach seeing the opening.

Steven rushed to you as you hit the floor. "What did I do to deserve this?" you whimpered. Lapis, who had Steven's phone, called 9-1-1. Soon, Connie was in handcuffs (cuffed by her own father, mind you), and after a lot of convincing, you in an ambulance. 

You passed out, no matter how hard Steven had tried to make you stay awake.

~ Time Skip (A week later) ~

You awoke to a warm feeling. You sat up to see Steven holding your hand next to the hospital bed. You could see his absolutely messed up hair, bloody clothes, eye bags, and tear streaks. You gently shook him awake, only to be engulfed in a hug.

"Can't bre-" but he let go by then. "You're okay! Do you mind if I call Mrs. Maheshwaran? She's Connie's mom, but she knows what Connie did and everything. She also doesn't hate you like the other nurses did! She's really nice."

You slowly nod, and Steven presses the buzzer near your bedside. A lady, who looked similar to Connie burst through the door. "I'm so sorry for my daughter's behavior." she says, bowing ever so slightly. 

"It's fine." you sigh, looking down, "How long have I been out?" the lady filled you in. Apparently, Connie is now going to be in jail for nine years, it had been a week since the incident, and you healed faster than you should've, meaning you would be discharged today.

Thank goodness, tears ran down your face.
The room didn't tint.

"These are my happy tears..."