Mother's call

(100% rude/suicide baiting mother)

Your POV

Today was Steven's day to bring you phone shopping. You never had a phone because you always had one right next to your hospital bed. It didn't really matter because you had nobody to call. He dragged you by the wrist (careful to keep his grip loose or not to go too fast.) to the nearest phone store, which happened to be in the mall they had went to yesterday.

You were wearing really short shorts, which seemed to show off your blue gem on your leg.  The area around it had stopped bleeding, and the pain was gone. Your leg was back to normal, and you could feel it once more.

The theory you and Steven had made was that you were still paralyzed, but the new gem helped you move. So sometimes, your leg would go numb without warning, even if you could still use it like a normal person. Once it started to regain feeling again, it would feel like pins and needles (Sorta like when your leg falls asleep, and you start moving it- it both tickles and hurts at the same time).

You never thought this would be the outcome of your life. You had been trapped for years in that room, always sitting there, unmoving. Unable to do anything but go insane. Steven snapped you out of your thoughts when he proudly stated that you were in the needed store.

You pick the cheapest, not wanting to waste Steven's money, along with a 2f/c phone case. You smile as he adds your contact into his phone as you do the same to his phone. You had already memorized your number, along with his.

After that, the two of you walked home. "Steven..." you say, and he looks up, "Yeah?" you shiver and say, "I need to call my family... I still know their numbers... Would you like to accompany me?" you saw a light pink that rested on his cheeks.

He was quick to get rid of it, nodding as you two headed to the couch to call someone. 
"Calling M/n (***-***-****)"

The receiver said, and you tried you best to shake away whatever fear you had. "Hello?" a lady's voice said, picking up the phone. It was unmistakable. It was indeed your mom. You started to shake, and Steven put a comforting hand on your shoulder.

After a deep breath in, and an exhale, you said, "Hello, Mother." trying to be as cheerful as possible. "Y/n?" your mother asked, and you laughed, "Yep!" she then asks, "Is there any doctors or nurses in the room at the moment?" you say, "No?" in confusion, waiting for her to continue.

"Great! I want to tell you that you're a disappointment to your family. I wish I never gave birth to a monster like you. Everybody has moved on. Nobody likes you. Go ahead and kill yourself, maybe people will like your corpse more. You would be less annoying- "

Steven cut her off, fed up and completely pink. "Hello." he says, interrupting the woman, "I'm Steven Universe, savior of the galaxy. You are disrespecting my lover. I hope you go ahead and take your own advice if you're going to continue to treat your child like this. I'll have your number saved so I can report to you to the police later. Good day." and he hung up.

You burst into tears as he held you in your arms, messing with your hair (if you don't have any, then he's messing with your hands, moving your fingers, anything to take your mind off of what just happened.). "I'm sorry you had to hear that." you sobbed, and he sighed, "How long?" you mumble in reply, "Three times a month, every hour on my birthday."

Then he asks, "Anyone else like that in your family?" you sigh and nod, "My grandma likes discipline, Dad and my brother think I'm dead, and my sister is a mini version of my mom." (Just for the story! Sorry if im disrespecting your family with this story! D:) You don't move, afraid that if you do, you'll cry even more.

You hated crying. It was the absolutely worst feeling.  You wiped away your tears and looked at him. He didn't seem to understand, as confused as ever. It was the perfect moment to tease him. "'My lover', eh?" his face burst into red blush, and you laughed as he his face in your shoulder.

"It was the best thing I could think of..." he mumbled into the fabric as you continued to laugh. You faltered, wishing he meant it. Once you realized you stopped, you burst into fake laughter to make it less awkward.

You both eventually fell asleep in each other's arms. 
Today was a lazy day, you had nothing to do, you didn't want to watch TV.
You didn't have to use the bathroom or take your daily medications.
You were both comfortable in each other's arms.
The pair of you slept till noon peacefully.