Part 11: Hope

(Scientist P.O.V)

5 minutes

It won't take Scientist more than five minutes to locate something that will at least get Chomper halfway out of the building and up and moving. But despite his body's desire to retire, he kept pushing forward. He searched every room, but there weren't many choices because the majority had been consumed by fire. Since time was running out, Scientist made the decision to visit Chomper. Chomper gave him a pleading expression. What was he doing? He was aimlessly passing the time because if he didn't move quickly, the fire would consume him or the poison would kill him before the fire even had a chance of reaching Chomper again. He suddenly had a memory of something. In the janitor closet, he recalled hearing some plants mention an emergency hatchet and other weaponry. He wasn't complaining, even though it was odd that the plants had so much effective weaponry lying around in a hospital. The only issue was that he had no idea if they were still in the closet, and the only way to get there was through the fire. Without an option, he wasted two minutes. Now was the only option. He raced through the flames, coughing as the smoke attacked his nostrils and eating away at his back. He ran until he was physically and emotionally drained. How long before the firefighters arrive? He was thinking too deeply to see a small shallow standing off in the distance. He raised his head, alert as ever.

Clearly, how was he to forget? The scientist may or may not have brought Drumstick, his beloved fire hen, no not rooster, hen, with him. Before getting stuck and, well, you know the rest of the story, while trying to sneak into the base of the plant. Drumstick was his first and best buddy. He was teaching him not to attack the plants, so he had kept him concealed from everyone out of worry. He acquired her name from consuming drumsticks—both the food and, regrettably, a drumstick used for playing the instrument. (Bro's a cannibal 💀)  Scientist was protected by Drumstick, who was trained to locate them whenever they were in danger and were far from available help. However, enough with the rooster.

When the Scientist saw Drumstick rushing through the fire to reach him, he felt a glimmer of hope. The rooster basically leaped into the scientist's arms.

"Hey buddy... Can an you assist me with something. I was hoping if you could locate a janitors closet with a hatched inside since you can pass through fire. Although it may be large and heavy, I am confident that you can handle it because you have moved objects that were much larger. Do you believe you could make it down the hall and turn left in the fifth room?"

Drumstick gestured briefly before darting off. The scientist quickly headed back to Chomper after turning around, losing track of time. The least he could do was make the most of his final moments before the toxin went into place.

Drumstick, girl.. 

You might end up saving the day.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

All hail Drumstick