Part 2 - The Kid

Later in the morning, Albert already went to Buckingham Palace to attend to his work responsibilities with Mycroft.

William was on his way to Durham university for his students' math exam.

Moran? Probably bar hopping in the middle of the day.

Meanwhile, Bonde is with Herder in the workshop, tinkering around and adding new features to the automobile that Herder made.

Therefore, Ella, Louis, Jack, and Fred are the only ones left in the manor.

"Moran-san?", Louis called.

"Moooran-saaan??", Louis shouted as he looked for him in his room, the bathroom, the lounge, and the kitchen. Unfortunately, he's nowhere to be seen.

"Where the hell is that man?! It's 10:00 am already and he hasn't even started his assigned chores yet!", Louis frowned as he stopped to think where else he could have missed looking.

As he passed through the front door of the manor, he suddenly heard a couple of soft meows outside. He opened the door and there he found Fred befriending 3 stray cats on the porch.

 He opened the door and there he found Fred befriending 3 stray cats on the porch

"Ah, Fureddo!"

"Ohayo, Louis-san.", Fred replied.

"Have you seen Moran around? He is supposed to clean the chimney at this hour", Louis asked while he looked at his pocket watch.

Meanwhile, Fred remembered what Moran told him the moment he found him sneaking out through the front door: "shhhh, Fred, don't tell Louis I'm gone for a while"

"I-I'll go look for him too...", Fred replied.

"Wait...don't tell me he's already in a bar at this very time?"

And Fred did not say a single word.

"Hayst, Moran!", Louis disapprovingly expressed

"IIII'MMM COOOOMIIIING!!!", Ella shouted as she hastens her walk to the front door, carrying a tray with 3 bowls of milk.

"I found milk in the kitchen! Thought they might be hungry", Ella proceeded to hand over the bowls per cat whole-heartedly. 

"...Is that all the milk we had left?", Louis asked.

"...yeeeeess...although I am planning to go to the market later to get more", Ella replied.

"Later?", Louis clarified.

"Hai!", Ella agreed.

Louis suddenly remembered what Albert told him earlier in the morning: 'Please take care of Ella when I'm not around just in case.' Louis didn't understand why she needed to be protected but he trusts his brother that something could possibly go wrong. Ella is someone who made Albert happier and inspires him to become his best self, and he wouldn't let anyone dare hurt his family members.

"I am coming with you. We're also running low on salt, butter, and fruits too. And Fred..."

"Yes?"

"Get Moran back. Do whatever you must to get him moving.", Louis instructed.

"Hai, Louis-san", and Fred was off to find Moran

"Let's go, Era-san"

"Now? One moment! I need to get the basket."

~***~

The moment they reached the marketplace, they spotted a large crowd forming at the center of the square. Ella saw street performers executing amazing magic tricks that seemed difficult to expose their secret moves. She's now intrigued to watch more as one of the performers involved a man from a crowd. 

The magician managed to disappear the man's watch without touching his wrist and then reappearing it in his hat. Everyone became surprised when he changed the watch into a bouquet of flowers with a simple flick of the wrist. The spectators were amazed and bewildered!

While Ella and Louis were busy watching them, nobody noticed the street kid moving through the crowd. He sneakily loot Louis's wallet from his back pocket; however, Louis caught him red-handed. 

"What do you think you're doing?!" Louis reprimanded.

Scared, the kid released himself from his grip and immediately ran away - with Louis's wallet.

"Hey, stop! Come back!", Louis shouted as the kid was far from him already.

"Ella, please stay here for a while. I'll be back soon."

Before Ella could say anything, Louis was off, running fast to the kid that stole his wallet.

After about 10-15 minutes, the magic show finally ended when the magician disappeared himself after throwing his smoke bomb to the ground. Ella and the crowd applauded and dispersed. 

'Louis hasn't returned yet. Would he know I'll be waiting for him at the grocery store? We did discuss the things we needed to buy though...', Ella thought to herself.

Suddenly, her thoughts were interrupted when another kid came up to her asking for help.

"Anee-san...I...I-I-I lost my mom..." the little kid was about to burst into tears.

"I'm here, don't be afraid. I will help you get back to her.", Ella reassured him as she gets her handkerchief and wipe away the tears forming in the little kid's eyes. "Do you at least remember where you were supposed to go with her?"

The little kid nodded, "at the pier...but I don't know how to get there."

"It's ok. I know how to get there. Would you like me to take you there?"

The little kid nodded again. 

"You can take my hand. You are safe with me."