Part 4 - The Warning (I)

"Louis, what happened?", Jack asked again.

"I...I...I can't find Ella. Nii-san asked me to protect her but I failed to...", Louis replied, still in shock.

"How did that happened?!", Jack urgently asked. 

Thus, Louis narrated everything that happened in the market. The magician, the street kid - his wallet stolen, Ella gone the moment he went back. 

"Your wallet got stolen by a kid smaller than you?!", Moran sarcastically asked.

"THAT'S NOT THE POINT, MORAN!!!", Louis having none of Moran's sh*t.

"How about let's all go look for her? We can cover more ground if we all search for her", Fred said.

"Yes, I agree, Furredo. And we could probably find her faster together", Jack replied.

~***~

Once they reached the market, Louis pointed to where he and Ella were last seen together. He then pointed to the alleyway where he chased the street kid. 

"And Moraaan...", Louis was about to warn him but then he was cut off.

"I know, I know!! Don't go sneaking to pubs in the middle of the search!"

And then everyone split up. Louis to the north, Jack to the south, Moran to the east...and then Fred goes roof hopping.

~***~

The moment when Fred is getting closer to the pier area, something caught his eyes: Ella's basket lying on the ground.

He stealthily gets down from the roof and picks up the item. Fred looks around for clues or any insights about Ella's disappearance, but everything seems to be in place. Thus, he urgently went back to the others, sharing what he has discovered.

He first spotted Louis going out of the pastries store. "Louis-san...", Fred called, showing him the basket that he found.

"That's Ella's basket!! She carried this on our way here! Whe-where did you find that?!"

"I found it somewhere at the pier area. I looked around to see if there are some clues of her disappearance, but... nothing...", Fred said while handing over the item to Louis. "Louis-san, did you and Ella go to the pier?"

"No...we didn't plan to go there...I really need to inform nii-san immediately!"

~***~

Inside the Moriarty manor at Durham...

*riiiing* *riiiing*

"Hello?", Albert picked up the phone from his MI6 office.

"Nii-san!!!"

"Ah, Louis-kun! What is it? You seemed...troubled?"

"Nii-san...I'm sorry...I failed you...I really am...This is all my fault I..."

"Alright, Louis. Calm down. Please, tell me what happened."

"It seems that Ella...was...ki-kidnapped. We both went to the market to buy groceries... I wasn't there when it happened, but she disappeared from my sight! The only thing we found was her basket at the Pier. But...we didn't have any plans to go to the pier... I am really sorry, nii-san!"

"No, I'm glad you're safe and you weren't taken too."

"But nii-san! How can you say that when Ella means so much to you?!"

"Louis, you are my brother, and of course, you mean so much to me! Sometimes life comes with unexpected situations no matter how much you planned

"Louis, you are my brother, and of course, you mean so much to me! Sometimes life comes with unexpected situations no matter how much you planned. I will be coming home right now, alright? Let's discuss this with William when I get there."

"Hai, nii-san.", the phone conversation ended.

"Albert-sama..." Moneypenny opened the door.

"Someone insisted on meeting with you right now..."

The man proceeded to enter the room; thus, closing the door in front of Moneypenny's face.

"Good day, Albert-sama. It is a pleasure to meet you.", the man bowed when he took off his hat.

"I'm so sorry, Sir. Forgive me, I'm afraid I couldn't help you this time. Something urgent came up on my end."

"Oh, are you sure you couldn't spare me a few minutes of your time?"

"I'm afraid not."

"But what if someone's life is involved? Would you now give me a few minutes of your time?"

Albert stopped from his movements because he finds his plea a bit...odd...until the man took something from his breast pocket, and unfolded his handkerchief...

...and there lays Ella's locket.