Part 6 - The Moriarty Plan

Albert was internally seething the moment when Milverton left the room. At least Ella's disappearance is no longer a mystery, and he knows who's solely responsible for it. However, going against Milverton is like fighting with fire - everything will be messy if he didn't get what he wants...or even if he did.

Before Albert leaves his office, he noticed Ella's locket lying on his desk along with a note - rendezvous of Milverton's deal: East of Brighton, 8:00 pm. It didn't say any specific date, but it could definitely mean today.

The clock showed 5:30 pm. They only have about 3 hours to make it in time from Durham to Brighton.

Albert took his gun that was hidden in his secret drawer along with the note and the locket.

"Moneypenny", Albert called.

The door opened, showing Moneypenny's worried face, "Hai, Albert-sama?"

"We need to get back to the manor in Durham. Immediately."

~***~

It was 5:45 pm the moment Albert and Moneypenny arrived at the manor, it was Louis who attended to them at the door.

"Nii-saaaaaaan...I'm so sorry!!! We still don't know where Ella is at this time. W-we tried looking for her everywhere at the market a-and and then we found..."

"It's ok, Louis-san. I'm here. Where's William-san?", Albert consoled Louis.

"Nii-san...I heard the news..." William came to Albert at the door. "Based on Louis' story on Ella's abduction..."

"I already know who's involved in her kidnapping.", Albert immediately said.

"You do, nii-san?!", Louis was shocked. "Who took her then?"

"I think it's best if we go inside. We are on a tight deadline. Assemble everyone. They need to hear this because they will be needed on this mission."

The rest of the Moriarty gang has settled in the living room

"What is it, Albert-san? Sounds like something is serious when everyone's involved." Bonde asked.

"Hai, Bonde-san. This mission involves everyone in the MI6, and we don't have much time."

"Ella was kidnapped by Charles Augustus Milverton and his gang.

The moment my call with Louis ended, Milverton came to my office. He has a 2-faced persona: a prominent businessman of The Dairy Londner and King of the Blackmailers. He knows too much about us and is using Ella to take possession of the MI6; that's how he attacks and he won't stop mercilessly just to get what he wants.", Albert said while showing Ella's locket.

"He also left me this note saying where to meet him for our deal - East of Brighton at 8:00 pm. There's no specific date indicated but it's highly possible to believe he meant today...and he's not the kind of man who is willing to negotiate deadlines."

"But nii-san...Brighton's too far from here! And it's already 5:50 pm. We might not make it in time?", Louis said.

"Alright, how do we attack this guy?", Moran asked.

"That's also another thing. Getting our vengeance on him will only do more harm to Ella. And since he knows we're the MI6...and the Lord of Crime...if he didn't get what he wants, there's also the other possibility that he or his subordinates wrote an article about us, waiting to be published."

"Damn this bastard!", Moran exasperated as he slammed his fist on the table.

"Hmm...", William said.

"What is it, nii-san?", Louis asked.

"I'm afraid I'm left with no choice."

"Wha-what do you mean, nii-san?"

"It is clear to me that he's really targetting us. And he's using Ella like a scrap pawn for his plan. Considering his reputation and the dire situation we're in...I'm afraid I don't have much choice but to begin the Moriarty Plan."

"Nii-san! N-no

"Nii-san! N-no...wait...isn't there another way?! What if we...legally accuse him of kidnapping?", Louis is not liking how fast things were going.

"I'm afraid we don't have enough evidence. Knowing how corrupt the House of Lords are and how powerful Milverton is, presenting the note to them means nothing." Albert said.

"And, Louis, I'm already aware of the risks in this plan before.

...And I think it's time to put all the devils back to hell and shed light in London."

But then, there's a knock on the door.