Chapter 9: Jake's Garage

~*~Hey guys, heres the long and I mean LONG awaited next chapter! Lol Again Im sorry for the long wait and Im so very thankful for each and every one of you that has stuck with me through my hard times, my dry spell of writing and my stressful times that made it so I couldnt write or update. I hope that I have gotten my writing skill back and can write and update more.

I hope you all enjoy this chapter. I already have the next chapter written, so Ill probably update it this weekend since you all have waited so long.

Dont forget to VOTE, like and comment. I want to know who all still is reading this and liking it. The more votes, the faster Ill get next chapter up! Haha!

Love you all!

Ashley~*~

Chapter 9

I just couldn’t stop thinking about the doctor’s son, Edward or the feeling I had got when he looked at me. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn’t get him out of my mind. But I had to force myself to think of something other than him, there was something more important that I had to decide on. I had to figure out to explain to Jacob about my actions a week ago without him figuring out what Justin and Kate are doing to me. I knew it was not going to be easy since I had not even made an effort to try to make things up to him. I did try to call him, but he would never answer me. Then again I only did try to call him twice, so for all he knew I just didn’t care. But what he didn’t know was that I really truly do care.

I continued driving down the wet pavement to La Push, finally reaching the border line. I turned down the familiar road to his house, then turning into his driveway after fifteen minutes of driving in La Push. I parked in front of his house as I looked up and saw Jake peek his head out of his garage. I was hoping he would smile but all I saw was him frowning the moment he saw it was me. I slowly got out of my truck, keeping my eyes on the wet ground as I walked towards his garage. Jake finally emerged from the inside of it when I reached the opening. I stood there nervously, trying to gather the thoughts in my head and figure out what I should start with. It seemed like hours went by before I could find my voice.

“Hey Jake.” I said softly as I looked up to him.

I know it’s only been a week but he has grown even taller, and is more muscular. I could feel the concern rise in me as I pondered how he could get like this in such a short amount of time. I hope he wasn’t doing anything bad just to fill out or anything.

“What are you doing here, Bella?” Jake’s voice was cold and emotionless as his face was hard with tension. I felt this pain go through my heart as I could see the hurt I have caused him.

It hurt to know that because of me, Jake was hurt and I had no one to blame other than me. What was I to do though?

If I had told Kate the truth that day, I probably would have ended up in the hospital that evening once Justin got home. Its not that Id rather Jacob to hurt rather than me, regardless if its physical or emotional, but it’s really that I knew they would never let me see him again. And that is something I definitely could not handle. Jake is the only thing keeping me sane and from slipping into a depression. Without him, I would fall apart completely with no hope of recovering.

“I...I...uh...have been trying to get a hold of you.” My face fell at how rude and heartless his voice sounded. My eyes started to water with the tears threatening to fall.  

Jake just stood there tensed as he folded his arms over his chest, not even saying a word as his cold glare burned into my head.

After a minute of silence, I couldn’t take it anymore. It hurt me to know I made him this way and I had to fix it.