Chapter 8: After The Kiss

~*~ Hey everyone! Sorry again for the long wait! I hope you all enjoy this chapter! Its the longest chapter yet! Please vote, comment and like!

Love always

Ashley~*~

                                                                      Chapter 8

          Time seemed to have stopped, or it just felt that way to me. Nothing else in the world mattered to me right now, even my broken rib felt like it was healed at the moment. I have never felt this kind of love before, nor have I ever had a boyfriend before so I’ve never truly had my first kiss until now. Yea in the eighth grade, this boy kissed me quickly once like a peck on the lips but it was nothing compared to this. This kiss was very new to me and honestly, I loved it. I could feel every nerve in my body come alive more and more with each passing minute. The love I felt for Jacob made me feel safe and warm inside. It made me feel like nothing could ever hurt me, that my once broken world was finally whole again. But there was still one thing I was not absolutely one hundred percent sure about. Was this actually love or was it just lust?

          I couldn’t even think about that question anymore right now, my mind was full of the emotions I was feeling. Every time I tried to think about it, the thought would get pushed out of my mind by thinking about how soft Jake’s lips were or how much I loved being in his arms especially when he kept tightening his arms ever so slightly every few minutes. So that question would have to wait until later when I am alone in my room and had time to think about it.

We continued kissing, not stopping even for a split second to even take a quick breath. I started tangling my fingers into his hair on the back of his head, keeping my other arm around his neck. His hands moved to my waist, gripping slightly at my clothing as he pulled me closer. I was completely melting against his lips, getting deeper into his arms as my heart continued to beat uncontrollably against my chest. I felt him smile against my lips as the kiss begin to grow more passionately, his lips feeling hesitant at first until he realized I was allowing him to kiss me this way. My breathing started to pick up more along with his as I started to tug slightly at his hair. I could feel things were starting to go a little too far and we definitely needed to take things a bit slower. Jake must have thought the same thing as his lips begin to move slower against mine, still kissing me with passion. Both of our breathing had slowed down tremendously, my grip on his hair loosening and his hands on my waist moved so his arms were wrapped around my waist instead.

Our special moment we were sharing was about to fall apart as the sound of the front door filled the house; echoing off the walls and making me jump in response. Instantly I pulled away from him, moving to the other side of the couch quickly; wincing as the movement sent a sharp pain through my side. I didn’t care that I probably reinjured my rib, or made the pain come back so suddenly. I must rather endure the pain then being caught making out with Jacob.

In the next second, I turned to see Kate standing in the living room doorway with a look on her face that showed she saw us kissing or knew something was going on. She glared at me with the most terrifying glare I have ever seen her give me then she turned her attention to Jacob. I looked at him from corner of my eye and saw the smug grin on his face as he ran a hand through his hair. I prayed he wouldn’t say anything about what happened to Kate when she asked us what we were doing. I couldn’t be mad at him if he did, it’s not like he knew that Kate threatened me if I had did anything with him. I needed to tell Jake as soon as possible about what Kate had told me and how I couldn’t date him, with their knowledge at least.