Chapter 5: Emergency Room

~*~Hey everyone! I'm so sorry I have taken so long to post. I've been busy with my daughter. I would like to thank everyone for your thoughts and prayers for her. She is doing much better now thankfully!

Also like to thank YvonneJo for the awesome cover she made for this story!!

Here is Chapter 5, and I hope it was worth the wait! Please vote/comment/like!

Love you all

Ashley~*~ 

 I hate to do this but I'm a little sad about the low response on this story, actually I'm not getting alot of responses on my stories anymore like I use too. I have over 800 fans and barely get 20 votes. So with that said, in order to get next chapter quickly, I'd really like to have 20-25 votes to give me the inspiration to write. I only write for you all, my fans and readers. So lets get the votes coming!

                                                                  Chapter 5 

My mind began to race as I looked away from Jacob’s questioning eyes. I needed to think of something quickly to get him to believe me. I wanted to tell him so desperately that I was being abused by them but I did not want to be put in a foster home or a children’s group home. I’m going to be 17 in two months, and 18 in little over a year. I could handle living in this situation for another year then I can move out and not have to deal with my abusers. So I have to tell him some kind of lie. I have to keep my secret to myself.

“Bella, answer me.” Jacob got my attention back to him.

“No Jacob.” I made my voice strong with confidence. “I just bruise easily. I always have and since I’m so clumsy I get bruises a lot.”
“Bella, this bruise doesn’t look like you just got it from falling back there.” Jacob looked down at my side. “It’s already dark and turning purple along with the black color. I mean I’m not a doctor but don’t bruises normally take a day to look like this?”

“I don’t know Jake. Maybe I broke a bone when I just fell.” I shrugged as I took a deep breath and regretted it as I felt the pain shoot through my side causing me to wince.

“Alright, we need to get you to the hospital then.” Jake didn’t press any further and gently picked me up into his big arms. I pulled my shirt back down as he carried me into the house carefully.

“Dad, Bella needs to go to the hospital.” He announced as soon as we walked into the house, seeing Kate and Billy in the living room still.

I looked at the two of them and saw Billy and Kate were in a heated argument until they heard Jake. They both looked over at us and Billy’s expression softened, turning into worry as his eyes lay upon me.

“What happened son?” Billy quickly wheeled over to the couch as Jake gently laid me down on the cushions. Even though Jacob was gentle, I still felt the pain go through my side again as it made me wince more.