Chapter 2

Annabeth's Pov {They are all 10}

I wake up to my alarm blaring in my ear and I end up throwing it across the room for giving me a heart attack. I get up and get dressed in a bright orange t-shirt and jean shorts. After that I head to the bathroom, brush my hair, and put it into a ponytail. I walk out of the bathroom and let my older brother Malcolm use it. I walk into the kitchen and make me some toast. After I finish eating, I wait for Malcolm to drive me to school. Once he was finished with his morning routine, we get in his car and he drives me to school. 

After he dropped me off, I find me cousin, Will Solace. "Hey blondie." He says when I find him. "Hello William." I say his full name. "So, when do we head to the nurses office?" He asks. "We can head there now to help out getting ready." I say. You see, Will and I are helping out in the nurses office to get extra credit. I don't mind it, but Will loves it. He wants to be a doctor in the future, I want to be an architect, so I'm only doing this to get into a good collage. Anyway, we say hi to the nurse/music teacher, Mr. Apollo. "You guys can start out with sorting the medicines and bandages." He says. "I got medicines, you can do bandages." Will says. "Lets do this." I say heading over to the bandages. 

After sorting the bandages, I sit by the door, waiting for people. I pull out a new book I'm reading called 'Hunger Games'. I read and read and read until two boys burst in. "He. Needs. Help." A boy with black hair and Sea green eyes says. Then he passes out and falls next to the other boy who was already unconscious. "Will!" I yell. I struggle to pick up the black-haired boy, but I managed to set him on one of the beds. "Yes?" He asks coming into the  room. "Help me." I ask, winded from carrying the first boy. Will picks up the second boy with my help and we set him on a different bed. "I got the black-haired boy, you can do the other." I tell Will. "Got it." He says. I take a look at the boy's wounds. He had a gash going down his face and a bunch of cuts and bruises. I hurriedly clean up the gash and grab the butterfly bandages. I bandage the gash up, then used regular band-aids for the rest. Just to see if he had any other injuries  I lift up his shirt and there was an extreme bruise which had to be a broken rib. Using the knowledge I got from reading books, I start bandage that up. I take off his shirt to do so. 

"Wow, this boy needs to eat more, he is literally a twig!" I exclaim. 

"Hey! This guys waking up!" Will calls to me. I walk over there to ask questions. When he was fully awake, I start asking those questions. "What happened?" Was my first question. "I was getting beat up by a street gang when, I think his name is Percy, came to my aid. After 5 minutes, I pass out. Oh, and I'm Grover." He says. "Ok, I'll have to ask Percy some more questions when he wakes up." I say. "Am I late for class?" He asks. "If you run fast enough, you can make it on time. " I inform him. "Ok bye!" He says bolting out the door. "Ookay." Will says. "You can go to class, I'll watch over Percy." I told him. "You sure?" He asks. "Yeah, it's fine." I tell him. He walks out the door and bolts to class. I grab a chair and sit next to the bed Percy was laying on. I study him, and realize he was drooling. I stop studying him and I read my book instead.

Percy's Pov

I was walking to school when I heard fighting in an alley. Curious, I take a peek. There was a gang beating up a guy from my school who was crippled. Anger boils under my skin as I watch. One guy was about to hit him with a whip so I ran in front of the boy. My face takes the blow, and let me tell you, that thing hurts! "Where did you come from?" The guy asks. "Your nightmares." I say as I punch him in the solar-plexel and as he doubles over in pain, I do an outer crescent kick to his head. Which knocks him out cold. Someone pushes me down to the ground and kicks me hard in the ribs with a sickening crack. I bounce back up before he can kick me again and I kick him in the crotch. He sinks down to his knees and I front kick him in the head. Another guy punched my gut so I punch him in the face. I pick the boy up and I try to remember his name. I think it was Grover? Anyway, I drag his weight and my weight all the way to school, and to the nurses office. I bust the door open and try to yell 'he needs help', but it came out weak and tired. After saying that I black out.