Chapter 4

Piper's Pov 

BeepBeepBeep

I slam my fist down onto my alarm for waking me up, then I head back to sleep. Not for long.

"Piper! Come on, time to wake up sleepy head!" My sister Layla says. I feel something land on top of me. "Ugh!" I groan in pain as I look up at my oldest sister Silena. "Come on Pipes, don't want to be late? Do you?" She asks. I growl at her and hide under the covers. "Come on Piper! We have school! I will leave you here." Drew says. "Ok! I'm up!" I tell them.

 They leave and allow me to change. I choose black jeans and a red shirt, along with red, black, and white high tops. Then I walk out to the bathroom and brush my hair. After I brush my hair, I walk downstairs into the kitchen for breakfast. I make myself a bowl of cereal and eat that. When I finish I grab my bag and my skateboard, then I head off to school. 

Once I get there I look for my idiot of a cousin, Percy. I find him talking to Will, Annabeth, and Grover. "So, is this our new group Perce?" I ask him. I would never admit it, but he's like my twin, even though he is a year older than I am. He is like the brother I never had. So that means, where ever he's going, I'm going. 

"I guess so, that depends on you guys, would you like to be friends?" Percy asks. A chorus of Sure's went around. "Great because my mom wants to have you over, it doesn't have to be today." Percy says. 

"I can do today, I don't really do much when I'm home." Will says. 

"My parents don't worry about me anyways, so I'm good to do today." Annabeth says. 

"Yeah, Gleeson has stuff to do, so I would've been home alone, so I can go." Grover says. 

"I always come over to your house." I say.

"Ok great!" Percy says. Then the bell rings so we head to our classes. Apparently, we have all our classes together. Not that I'm complaining or anything, its actually kinda nice having people you know around you instead of complete strangers. 

Anyway, we arrive at our first class of the day, English. Everybody here loves the English teacher Mr. Blofis, and the History teacher, Mr. Brunner. Mr. Blofis treats us like his own kids, so its nice having a fatherly figure in my life. Bet its nice for Percy too, his dad was lost at sea when he was 6, and now he has a horrible step-father that he calls Smelly Gabe, so I'm lucky enough to have a dad that is kinda sorta in my life. "Welcome class, how did you sleep last night?" Mr. Blofis asks. He started asking that once he saw that people are falling asleep in his classes. Everybody answers with a 'meh'. "Well, I'll try to keep this exciting as possible, after I finish my 30 minute demo, you can all take a nap." Mr. Blofis says. All of us quickly sat down and waited for him to talk.

"In addition to the structure of a paragraph and the methods of developing paragraphs to maintain unity, another important aspect of paragraphs is coherence. A paragraph is coherent when its sentences are woven together and flow into each other. Since the word cohere comes from a Latin word that means to hold together, a coherent paragraph allows the reader to read easily from one sentence to the next.