2

𝗪𝗵𝗼 𝗜 𝘀𝗮𝘄

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗧𝘄𝗼

And that's when you start asking yourself why
You cry, they don't
Every single night.

And that's when you start asking yourself whyYou cry, they don'tEvery single night

Birmingham, September 2022

           Making friends at Saint Chad had been very hard, if not impossible. At some point, Delilah even stopped trying and considered lucky to have at least Peyton and Wyatt. The majority part of students were just a bunch of rich kids, too snobby for even saying a miserable 'hello'; while the other part was just too focused on studying, to not loose their scholarships, to barely raise their heads from their books and look people around them.

It had been a week since her arrival, and between classes and everything, Delilah still managed to keep an eye on her sister's former best friends, waiting for a misstep or something that could break their facade of good girls, but nothing. By now she managed to learn their classes and some of their movements. Sometimes they even crossed paths, causing each one of the four girls to send Delilah glances; not bad ones, just weird ones.

It was still early days, thou; but she felt very frustrated by the fact that none wanted to mention what happened that night. None talked, none remembered, what a coincidence. Only Peyton seemed to be more willing to speak, but she still had to catch the perfect moment to speak about the subject.

Election Day was approaching soon, and everyone at university was hurrying to try to candidate; although there were everywhere already big poster with Abigail Edwards's face. 'For a better community', the sponsor said. Delilah weakly smiled at the thought that Rachel planned to be part of that, she remembered her sister mentioned something about being part of Abigail's party.

A text message from Wyatt distracted her from her lesson; the boy saying to meet him and Peyton at the university cafeteria once her morning lessons were over. To her luck, the three of them had a similar schedules, and break was just one hour away.

So she just waited, while taking notes and checking the time almost every five minutes. When finally it was time to leave, the blonde hushed to recollect all her things and rush out the class before getting stuck in the crowd of students.

Making her way to the cafeteria, she spotted just the person she was looking forward to meet more.

Abigail Edwards.

She was alone, reading something on her phone, her books under her arms. Now it was the perfect moment to approach her, casually. Delilah stuffed her phone out of her denim jacket pocket, ending up reading something herself, her blue eyes fixed on the screen showing an old conversation as she pretended to type a reply back. Still by chance, walking so absent-mindedly, she ended up bumping into the princess of Saint Chad, who staggered but managed not to fall backwards, unlike her books, which all fell to the ground with a thud.