gimme gimme a man!!

MaryLily,
Lily's POV, 6th year.
:)

Mary is the girl that i wanna kiss,
she's got big red eyes
and big red lips
-Mary, Alex G

Gryffindor won the match against Ravenclaw.
The whole house is ecstatic, especially James and Sirius, the two boys running around and high-fiveing everyone and anyone they ran into, even first years.

Lily doesn't care much for quidditch but seeing everyone laughing and talking to each other excitedly made her so, so happy. Really, it's the spirit of quidditch that she liked.

Marlene's eyes sparkling when Dorcas congratulated her for that one impressive goal she managed to make Gryffindor get, Barty giving James a fist-bump, Regulus watching them with a small smile tugging his lips..
Sirius hugging Remus without even thinking about it, in the rush of the victory moment, and the blush that spread on his face when he realized.

If people's happiness was a drug, Lily would've been an addict.

A sudden "Hey Lils!" and a hand on the top of her head, roughly ruffling her hair shook her out of her thoughts.

Mary energetically put an arm around the redhead's shoulder, pulling her into her side, on the couch in the corner of the common room.

Mary.
Oh Mary, Mary, Mary.

If Mary's happiness was a drug, Lily would fight a thousand monster with her bare hands only to get even only a tiny bit of it.

"Hello love" she said, kind of distracted by the other girl's dark skin touching every inch of the side of her arm, pressing against her pale one.

"Do you know why everyone is rumbling around in here? It's like a bloody circus round us, it's supposed to be a common room for god's sake! A place of calm or something!"
Mary spoke, her heavy British accent very heareable.

Lily laughed at how dramatically she was acting,
Mary always managed to make Lily laugh.

"Didn't you hear?" she said, turning her head towards the other girl, making their face way closer than necessary. None of them made any move to back away.
"The boys are organizing a party in here, again. I mean it's gonna be fun but since i'm a prefect it's kinda hard to decide if i'm letting them have their fun and completely trash the tower or not, you know what I mean?"

"Oh Lily, it's not only their fun! I know i'll enjoy it for sure. Maybe i'll even find someone to snog or something, that could be cool."

Mary dramatically rested her head on her hands, faking a dreamy smile while looking up.
When she got a snort out of Lily she satisfiedly laid back on the couch, her head in the girl's lap.

Lily had to mentally slap herself to try and stop her heart from racing.
'girls do stuff like that. Friends that are girls do things like that all the time, especially Mary. This doesn't mean anything. It doesn't mean anything. Shut up Lily.'

"hey." Mary spoke, reaching up to play with a hair strand that fell from Lily's hair tie.

"hm?"

"when are we getting you someone to snog huh? I mean you kissed what, one guy? In fourth year or something? Worse part, wasn't it Remus??"

Lily bursted out laughing at the memory, stupid stupid moment that was.

Remus asked her to kiss him in front of a bunch of people, a couple of years ago, so that Slytherins would stop saying he liked guys.
Since she's a good friend, she accepted and then that kiss threw her into a spiral of emotions and break downs, making her come to the conclusion that she just did not like kissing guys at all.
It apparently had the exact opposite effect on Remus, who found out then that he actually did.