Chapter 4: Food Talk

You open your eyes feeling a headache starting to form. Though you ignore it and jump right out of bed. You stumble around until you catch your balance. Rubbing your eyes you weren't to happy to be awake. As you put on your uniform, you grabbed your water bottle swiftly. 

*Knock Knock*

...

   You stare at the door tilting your head slightly. 

" Hello, Who's there?" You call out. You start to develop goosebumps by how silent it was. 

"Hi! Are you that new leader or whatever?" You hear a bear say. His voice muffled behind the dark purple door. 

You walk over to the door and open it. Seeing the same blue bear when you Blacked out . He held a bible and stared at you. He was thinking about something.

" Well, I've been told to bring you to where we eat." The blue bear says with a chill tone.

"What's your name?" You say changing the topic. 

He stares at you even more and sighs holding his face. 

"Its Azulin, now follow me." Azulin gestured his hands in a "follow me" motion and he started walking.  You walked with him looking at the cabins around the camp. You both enter a camp and he gestures you to a table with the priest and the other chief. You take a seat and wait for your food. 

"Good morning, how are you feeling?" The priest says staring at you smiling. 
"Oh shut it" The brown bear says looking at his bowl in disgust. 

"I'm doing alright, what about you?" You say while a bowl is placed right in front of you. 

"Mhm I'm doing delightful." Padre says fidgeting with his necklace. 

"Oh please just get a room." The brown bear sighs grabbing his face and squishing it around. 

"You woke up in a cranky mood today." The priest says fixing his glasses.  While they were talking to each other, you looked at your bowl and you wanted to barf. It looked repulsive you felt nauseous just by looking at it. You move the bowel away from your face to the side. 

" You're gonna have to eat that unless you want to stare." The Chief says in a cold tone. Looking at you squinting his eyes. Though that didn't scare you one bit, it did make you question what ruined his day. 

 " Are you okay?" You question him looking right at him. He gets up quickly grumbling and walking right out. You then realized it was just you and the priest. Both alone sitting at a table...

You stare at the table for a good few seconds. Fidgeting with your paws. 

"Where's my cloak?" You hear Padre say in a monotone voice. 

" Its at my cabin, I can go grab it for you right now if you'd like!" You say immediately. He looks at you shocked for a moment at your quick response. 

"Um, its fine you can give it to me another time." He says smiling. You look at him and sigh in relief, as you didn't really wanna get up from the table. 

"Now, I have a question for you." He speaks up.

" Which one of these recruits have the best chance to survive this war?" He questions you, you could feel his gaze not moving away from you. Waiting for your response. 

"Personally, I think anyone of them has a chance. I don't base it off by appearances." You say staring right back at him. 

"hm correct, in the eyes of god each one of these have a equal chance." He states while smiling seemingly happy with your response. You slowly nod your head and look around the room. Then you here something hit the table, a necklace. 

"I've given everyone one of these, and now you too. It will protect you." Padre says. He motions you to grab it. You grab it and place it around your neck. You feel butterflies in your stomach. You felt important for one second until-

*Wham*

You felt pain hit the side of your face and you hold your head. Feeling like you've been hit with a pan.

"Ah! I'm so sorry! I was just trying to carry these to wash them." A pink chubby bear says you can tell he was sweating. You nod your head slightly as you didn't have the strength to speak. You heard a chuckle come from Padre but it immediately stopped as you glared at him. Though you could see he wanted to burst out laughing. 

"I'll meet you at the grounds where we train our recruits. I'll see you there." Padre says getting up from his chair and waving goodbye to you smiling. You look at him and only respond with a thumbs up. As you rub your face to try to relive the pain. You grab you bowl and give it to the pink bear that was still in shock. You then walk out. 

A/N :

    I'm so sorry that I haven't updated in a while as I have some responsibilities to keep track of. Its very hard to try to focus on that, when I have this fan fic but this fan fic gives me sort of a break when I write a chapter. I will mention right now that I don't know when the next chapter will come out. Perhaps maybe, in 3 days as I need to focus on things I need to get done with. Though I may have the next chapter published before 3 days or after. It really just depends. :')